13 | new location

❝ 𝑹𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝑰 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚,
𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒂𝒚,
𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒉𝒐𝒘
𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒐𝒓 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ❞

𝑹𝒂𝒚𝒆 𝒙 𝑹𝒖𝒅𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒍

* * * * * * *

T H E A

Turns out Navy is just as bland as her name. I think it's safe to say she now hates my guts and is already plotting my slow and painful death somewhere.

I mean, I don't really know who she is to him but by the sounds of what I was told at the tracks, she just wants to get into his pants. And to think for a minute I actually thought she might have been his girlfriend.

What a ludicrous assumption.

She stormed out of the diner just as fast as she came in, making sure to give me death stares before she left.

Nothing I haven't received before, honey.

"When is the next race?" I ask and he glances over at me from the drivers seat, clenching his jaw slightly.

"I thought I said th—"

"And I thought I said to stop telling me what I can and cannot do?" I cut him off and he releases a long bust of air though his nose.

"Next Thursday," he mumbles, flicking his blinker on as we turn a corner.

I rest my head against the seat and continue to look over at him as he drives, taking the brief moment to admire his side profile which I must say, is pretty immaculate.

God, why do me like that?

"It's not going to be at Desert Valley, at least not for a couple weeks, maybe four or five at the most." He adds and I raise a brow curiously.

"Why?"

He quickly glances over at me again, making eye contact with me momentarily before he turns his focus to the road. "The cops will be patrolling the area, waiting for a race so they can catch us out."

"Oh, that's smart." I mumble and shift in the seat, folding my arms across my chest.

"Are you still cold?" He asks and I shake my head, when indeed I am freezing. I'm probably about zero-point-two seconds away from growing fucking icicles on my chin.

"Why didn't you say anything you idiot?" He huffs as he presses a button, probably turning up the heaters. How he isn't cold in a thin short sleeved t-shirt is literally baffling me, but whatever.

If he didn't say idiot in a playful tone, I would have reached up and slapped him too.

Since our argument in the parking lot of the diner, Rio has been a little more talkative. He managed to get rid of Navy pretty quickly which I was grateful for. That girl just gives me bad vibes and I don't particularly know why.