33 | together

❝ 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒉
𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒚 𝒊𝒕
𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒖𝒑 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕'𝒔
𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝒔𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 ❞

𝑨𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒅 𝑺

* * * * * * *

warning: this chapter contains sexual content.
{ even more.. I know right?? *fans self* }

T H E A

My eyes slowly flutter open as heat radiates through my body. The sound of small, faint blows of air catch my attention and that's when I finally focus on my surroundings.

I'm laying on top of Rio. I mean, not completely but.. partially. My torso is practically across his, my head nestled against his chest as it rises and falls with every breath he takes.

It's been a long, long time since I slept as well as I did last night. Perhaps I just felt relaxed and comfortable. Safe. There's something about being with Rio that just allows me to feel at ease. I don't have to tiptoe around him or be cautious in case I say the wrong thing.

And as my mom always says, a man who's good with kids, is a keeper.

I've seen first hand how amazing Rio is with his siblings. How careful he is with Ellerie and how much he tries with Knox. If he's this good with his brother and sister, imagine what he'll be like with his own children.

Not knowing whether to move and risk disturbing him, I hesitantly lift my head, cautious not to wake him. As soon as I move my head even the slightest bit, his hand clasps my butt and squeezes roughly, pulling me closer to him.

I release a quiet gasp as he moves me with one arm so that I'm now completely on top of him, all while with his eyes still closed.

A soft giggle escapes my lips and his eyes slowly begin to open, settling on mine. "That's better," he murmurs as he closes them again and nestles his head further into the pillow, adjusting his position.

With a smile practically painted across my face, I watch him, admiring his features from this close up. His nose piercing, his lip ring, his lips, his soft tan skin, the tiny bump on the bridge of his nose and his dark eyebrows.

"Stop staring at me, angelo." He mumbles and I grin like a baby. He exhaled deeply, opening his eyes again. He lifts his hand and gently runs the pad of his thumb over the freckles on my face which are now completely visible to him.

I figured they would be after I cried all my makeup off yesterday.

"Beautiful," he whispers as he leans forward, pressing a tender kiss against the tip of my nose.

Feeling myself beginning to blush, I drop my head down, resting my cheek on his chest. I'm positive that I'm awake and not actually dreaming this.

He did just call me beautiful. It wasn't my imagination, was it?

My body tenses slightly when I feel his fingers running through my hair but I eventually relax into it, enjoying the calming sensation.