39 | revelations

❝ 𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕
𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕,
𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔
𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 ❞

𝑨𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒌𝒆𝒚𝒔

* * * * * * *

T H E A

I repeat the words over in my head, wanting to make sure that I didn't actually mishear him before saying anything.

His expression is completely unreadable as he waits for a response from me. "Okay," I simply reply and he raises a brow, moving away awkwardly.

"Okay?" He repeats hesitantly, his eyes trying to search mine for some sort of true response. "You don't hate me now, do you?" He asks, his voice almost sounding shaky and I instantly snap my eyes up at him, reaching forward and taking hold of his hand.

"Don't be stupid, Brody. I could never hate you." I tell him honestly and his hazel eyes flick up to mine, the corners of his lips curling up into a small smile. "Why haven't you felt as though you could say anything before?"

He shrugs his shoulders, his expression falling once again. "My parents won't accept me, I just know they won't." He admits, "and as for the guys, I mean, we're all so close and if I came out to them, they might not want to hang around with me anymore. I don't want to embarrass them."

"No." I cut him off before he can say anything else and scoot closer to him on the bed. "Brody, never ever think like that. You are not an embarrassment for being yourself. You are who you are and we all love you, no matter what." I assure him and he smiles bleakly.

"How are you so calm about this?" He asks in disbelief.

"Because there's nothing wrong with being gay." I tell him. "My youngest brother came out to us a few years ago. It's okay to be you, never feel as though you can't be because you can."

His eyes widen slightly at the mention of my brother and his lips part. "Your brother is gay?" He asks quietly and I nod, smiling at him. "Wow."

"I'm so happy that you finally told someone." I say. "How long have you been keeping this to yourself?"

"Since I was about eleven," he replies quietly and I frown, squeezing his hand comfortingly. "I'm almost twenty-three Thea, I couldn't hide it anymore." He explains. "The guys used to try and set me up with girls at parties or from the tracks but I was never interested. I couldn't exactly tell them why I wasn't, so I just played hard to get all the time and they eventually just gave up."

"Well you don't have to hide anymore. You're surrounded by people who love you Brody." I say softly and he nods, still looking down at his lap. "If you decide that you want to tell the others, I'll be with you every step of the way," I say and he kids again, playing with his fingers nervously.

It's silent for a few seconds before he slowly lifts his head again. "If I tell them tomorrow, will you stay here so you're with me?" He asks.

"Of course I will," I reply instantly and let go of his hand, wrapping it around his neck as I pull him into a tight hug. He doesn't return the gesture initially but once he realises what I'm doing, I feel his arms around my back.