49 | protector

❝ 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓, 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆
𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔, 𝑰 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆
𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰 𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆, 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒉, 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒕
𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆, 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒅𝒆
𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒔
𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒆, 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒆 ❞

𝑱𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝑾𝒓𝒍𝒅

* * * * * * *

R I O

I almost lost her. I almost lost the only good thing that's happened to me in my entire life.

What the fuck would I have done?

I know I said I wasn't a killer but if I hadn't of gotten to Thea in time and Ricky had actually.. well, I probably would've killed him.

She never ceases to amaze me. Every single day, she makes my feelings for her grow even more and she doesn't even realise.

After sitting down with Enzo, Romeo and Kane, I learnt the true identity of Ricky and why he was after Thea in the first place. It makes me feel sick to my stomach to think that I knew she was hanging out with him and I did nothing to stop it.

I've never been a controlling person nor would I wish to be with anyone who tried to control me. I guess that's why I just took a step back and allowed it to happen. She had a right to be friends with whoever she wanted to and it wasn't my place to tell her otherwise.

Maybe I should've been more tough with her on it when he contacted her at the parlour. Perhaps I could've beat the shit out of him at the party if I had known they met there.

Maybe when she told me he tried to kiss her, I should've been more persistent and went to look for him. What if I had just taken her phone at the parlour and called him myself, warning him to stay away from her?

There's so many maybes, could've's, should've's, perhaps', what if's. I guess the reality is, it doesn't matter what I could have done, he still has the same motives and probably would've got to her somehow anyway.

I just wish I had done more to protect her.

Enzo and Romeo ordered more of their men to come and patrol the house, keeping an eye out in case Ricky decides to make an appearance. I mean, he'd be pretty stupid if he did, but then again I wouldn't put anything past him.

It seems as though this man is capable of quite literally anything.

If he ever comes near her again though, I won't let him slip again. He'll regret ever messing with my girl.

That's the thing with our family. You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us. And my family isn't one you want to get on the wrong side of either.

Ricky is a dead man either way.

"Rocco and Luca are on their way," Enzo announces and I nod, clasping my hands together as I rest my arms on my thighs and shake my leg up and down slightly while sat on the sofa.