46 | the truth

❝ 𝑮𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉
𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐 𝒂𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒅, 𝒂𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒊𝒇 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚
𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚, 𝒊𝒇 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 ❞

𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒙 𝑺𝒁𝑨

* * * * * * *

T H E A

Rio clearly knows me like a book because his dark eyes watch me cautiously. "What's up?" He asks, noticing my expression falling slightly.

"Ricky, asked to meet up so that he can apologise."

His jaw tightens and he tenses beside me. "Fuck no. You're not going anywhere near him." He snaps.

Brody makes a high pitched 'ooohh' noise as he pauses his circling motions in the chair. "Should I go make tea or do we have enough here?" He asks, using gestures with his hands while he talks.

I love you Brody, but now really isn't the time. Rio is about to kill a man in 3..2..1..

"Tell him if he contacts you again, he'll have me to deal with." He says sternly and I try my hardest not to smile at his protective nature.

Well that's a little extreme.

"Who are we talking about? The guy who tried to put it on you?" Brody asks and I furrow my brows, wondering how he knows about it. Perhaps Rio told him.

Rio just nods his head subtly and I glance down at my hands awkwardly, playing with my fingers.

"He's your friend though, right?" Brody adds and I lift my head up, my eyes flicking in his direction.

"Well yeah, I guess so." I reply and instantly feel Rio's eyes burning a hole through the side of my face.

Brody shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly, slouching back in the chair. "So let him explain himself at least," he says and I purse my lips, too nervous to look at Rio to find out what his reaction to that was.

I mean.. I should at least give him the opportunity to explain himself.. shouldn't I?

After everything happened, I did leave without letting him explain and surely I owe it to him to allow him to do that.

Right?

I mean, everyone makes mistakes and I wouldn't exactly want to cut him off completely because of it. Even if Rio does want to kill him.

"Mmhh," I mumble as I look back down at my phone.

My fingers type on the keypad and deep down, I regret what I'm doing but I know that if I didn't give Ricky a chance to explain himself, I'd regret it.

I quickly type out a reply while Rio continues to clean up.

Sure. What time?