43 | it's a date

❝ 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕, 𝒂 𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏
𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓
𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍, 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰,
𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒅𝒐
𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐
𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍, 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 ❞

𝑳𝒂𝒖𝒗

* * * * * * *

T H E A

Who on earth gives someone an hour to get ready when they don't know where they're going, what the dress code is, and more importantly.. NO FUCKING NOTICE.

I'm currently sat on the floor having a breakdown because I literally have no idea where to even start.

"Thea, cheer the fuck up and pull yourself together." Aven snaps through our FaceTime call. "You've just wasted twenty minutes doing absolutely nothing."

Well yeah, don't you think I freaking know that, dammit.

"Aven, do you realise that I'm actually dying right now." I groan and she chuckles through the phone.

"Get up off your ass and open that closet, now." She orders and I throw my head back dramatically, forcing myself up from the floor and pick my phone up at the same time.

I prop the phone on the vanity table, facing my closet and open it up. I skim through multiple options but nothing is catching my eye. What the hell am I supposed to wear?

"That one!" Aven gasps and I turn back towards the phone with a furrowed brows. "The white dress!" She adds and I turn back, my eyes eventually settling on the dress she's talking about.

I've never worn this before. I mean, it still has the freaking tags on.

"Oh my god he is going to die." She squeals and I find myself smiling as I take it out, holding it up in front of me.

It's short.. really short, silk and has thin spaghetti straps that look as though they might snap if they're pulled too much. This is really going to accentuate my figure.. whatever that is exactly. It's going to hug my body and probably make it hard for me to breathe, but we'll go with it.

"Thea I swear if you don't wear that, I will kill you myself," Aven continues and I twirl it around a little, watching as the material swings from the motion. "Just bring a jacket in case you get cold."

My smile grows as I glance over at the phone, watching as her expression mirrors mine. "Thanks Av, I'll text you later." I say.

"Stay safe, have fun.. and use protection!" She exclaims and my eyes widen before reaching over to the phone and hanging up the call.

I pick up the dress and change into it, admiring how well it actually fits me in the full length mirror. I've always seen myself as this imperfect girl. I don't have the curves or the bust, or even an ass. Nothing about me screams idyllic but you know what.. that's okay.