Arrival | Chapter II

We hopped off the plane at JFK with a dream that would become true. We went to pick our luggage with the flight attendant, she had to stay with us until someone came to pick us up. When the luggage was arriving we all picked ours, but Milo's didn't arrive, what was odd was that she wasn't really nervous about that, at least not nervous enough for sure.

-Hey Milo, aren't you worried?-I asked really intrigued.

-Well, I am a little, however, I knew this would happen the last three times that I traveled abroad on a plane my suitcase went missing, all I have to do is go to claim it and they'll give me a form and tell me how I should manage until it arrives.

-You know how to fill that form?- Pichu asked.

-No, I don't but I can either text my parents or ask whoever is in charge of us to help me fill it.

It really seemed like she had gone through that a lot of times. We were about to go complain about her suitcase when a man in black came near us...

-Are you the girls from you know what?- he asked trying not to spill the tea about the show.

-Yeah, from the s..word- Jaz said, it sounds like in a movie, just in real life.

-Oh perfect, come with me-he said changing his tone of voice.

The man in black became a normal person in second of time, he took off his black jacket and black pants, in which underneath there were normal clothes, a pair of jeans and a normal t-shirt. We told him about the problem so he went with Milo to complain and we stayed with Lily until they returned. We stayed in the same place talking calmly and all of a sudden I stop seeing, someone was covering my eyes. It took me some time to figure out who it was because I was really tired and couldn't think of who it was. When I realized I hugged him so hard. I hadn't seen Marcos in months. He had really grown these months, he looked like a boy who had been born and raised in New York which was really odd because he was never good in English, this was good for him to practice, and it really helped, when he told the man who picked us up who he was he sounded brand new.

When they finished dealing with the luggage problem they took us to our apartment, it was located in the same building as the Gershwin Theatre so that it was near and easy to go for us that aren't familiarized with the city. We left all of our stuff without organizing it and went to sleep, we had already dropped Marcos off at his apartment. The following morning they woke us up at 8 am and it was really early for us, we were so tired from the flight. We got ready to go buy something for breakfast, it was pretty hot because it was the end of summer, Pichu lent Milo some clothes because her luggage was following in two days. When we finished getting ready we went to look for Juan who had his apartment in front of ours, he was going to share it with some boys but they hadn't arrived yet. When we went downstairs Marcos was waiting for us, he took us for breakfast and left us to spend the morning at Macy's, which is huge so we had enough places to go in the morning.

We had breakfast at Starbucks, all the girls bought hot cocoa and Juan and Marcos bought coffee, Marcos black coffee, and Juan a macchiato. Juan had to stay with us because we weren't supposed to wander alone so he had to stick for all the woman stores. We started at the clothing shops, Milo had to buy me clothes.

Milo's POV

I have always wanted to dress like people from New York. This was my chance to change of style, we started at Levis, I bought some plain shirts and a pair of jeans. We then went to Ralph Lauren I just bought a light jacket. We then stopped going to home decor shops because we had to decorate the apartment, we found some beautiful pillows just like the ones from Pinterest. Our goal was to decorate it all vintage with playbills. We all had separate rooms because it was made for people that don't know each other, but there's a bigger room which we left all our luggage in and we can sleep in it. The next thing we bought was our best choice, it was a bunch of frames to put playbills because people here have a better chance of collecting them.

Mery's POV

We bought a bunch of items for the apartment and so did Juan, except that he bought only for his room because the rest hadn't arrived yet. He asked us for advice on decorating because he wasn't the best option. For his room, we bought some plants, some plain pillows, a bed set, and the same frames as we bought for our apartment. We were having a great time until I received an unknown user's phone call. I supposed it was the man in black so I answered the phone call, it was him indeed but what he told us wasn't something we knew or planned. We had to go to the apartment to receive our new roommates. I texted Marcos so that he would know where we were, we called a cab and went home.

By the time we arrived our new roommates arrived. It was a friend group formed by one girl and six boys and a girl that was alone on this trip. The two girls were moving in with us and the boys with Juan. It was about lunchtime so we went for a walk while searching the fourteen of us for a place to eat. On the walk we all talked about our lives and how we got here. The group of friends was from Spain so like us, they spoke Spanish, however, the girl who came alone was from Brazil. She spoke very fluently English, so communication wasn't a problem, she was more of an introvert and it took time for her to open up but when she did we had the best time. We ended having lunch at a McDonald's on the other side of the city because we didn't want fast food but all the restaurants were full.