Jealousy, Jealousy | Chapter XX

A/N: Fun fact: The name of this chapter was just "Jealousy" I came up with it over 6 months ago but when re-reading after the release of SOUR, Olivia Rodrigo's Album I felt tempted to change it to "Jealousy, Jealousy" If you don't understand this go right now to Spotify and stream SOUR. With no further ado...the chapter. 

Milo's POV

I went after Juan, I didn't know why he was so annoyed. He said he wasn't mad at me. Was it having to keep it a secret? I was determined to find out, but I wasn't very lucky. By the time I reached him, Marcos was confronting him.

-Hey what's going on Marcos? - I asked him, it was obvious he was upset about something and it involved Juan.

-This scoundrel is going on. - he answered angrily.

-What did he do? - I asked.

-He is flirting with Mery and he knows very well she is my girlfriend. - Marcos deeply believed that it wasn't an excuse for picking on him. He genuinely believed Juan liked Mery and was hitting on her.

-What?! - Juan and I said in unisound, neither of us could believe that. We both knew what he felt and not once had thought of that as a possibility.

-I am not.

-Yeah right. - he was so sure that what he thought was true that he was blind to see that he wasn't lying.

-I don't care if you don't believe me, I never flirted with Mery.

-Well I need proof.

-You want proof? She's your proof. I love Milo. - as soon as those words came out of his mouth Marcos felt so humiliated, he couldn't believe he was wrong.

I was shocked, I knew he liked me but LOVE me that was a lot, and he never would've said that word if he didn't mean it, or would he? I got so nervous that I left the scene and fled to our apartment. I got to my room and locked the door. A couple of minutes later I started receiving messages from my friends asking me if I was okay, for some reason it is said that rumors travel fast, especially among close friend groups. I texted Pichu and told her to come in, I wanted and needed some company, and most importantly some advice.

Mery's POV

I heard the screams from afar and went to see what was going on. Although I got to the end of the conversation between Marcos ad Juan, I was sure of what had started it, Mariana was right earlier that day, Marcos was jealous.

-Look Marcos, I don't have anything with Juan, and besides, you should start trusting me, or this won't work.

-I know, it's just every time I went to look for you, he was there, you even canceled our date and spent the night with him.

-He is my friend, and I couldn't leave him alone, he was sad.

-I'm sorry, I'm such a fool. - he said looking at me and then said to Juan. - I should apologize, Juan, I was wrong. And I'm sorry if I caused you problems with Milo.

-It's okay pal. Water under the bridge. I should check on Milo.

-Mery, are you angry at me? - Marcos asked after Juan left.

-Not angry, just a little disappointed. I understand the jealousy, but instead of treating me badly or confronting Juan, you could've come to me. I could've cleared it up.

-Will you forgive me?

-Do I have a choice? - I said joking and hugged him, I was so glad that the drama was done.

Pichu's POV

I went after Mery and ran into Juan, He told me what had happened. I told him not to worry that I would check on Milo. It took me a few minutes but she gave in and let me in.

-Hey - she started.

-Hey - I answered.

-So, Juan told me what happened. But I don't understand what upset you...

-You don't, you don't find anything wrong in him saying he loves me when I've barely been able to admit I like him?

-Ohh, he did not say that precise way.

-So you understand now?

-I do but don't worry just act like he didn't say it.

-Yeah sure, cause that won't be odd.

-Not as much as asking if he meant it.

-I don't know, but thanks. We should go back, right?

-Sadly yes...

Narrator's POV

Everyone went back to their respective classes and went on for the day. There wasn't anything extraordinary for the rest of the day. The following weeks and months were pretty much the same, school, classes, and hanging out. Mery and Marcos were able to have a stable relationship with very little miscommunications and little problems, Pichu started doubting her choice towards Juanma, and Milo and Juan, well things remained the same, just friends. Everything was that way until the end of November. On thanksgiving day Mery received a text from one of the coordinators of the show, once she read it she had to tell her friends. The past months they had been working on more general/ abstract characters, not the ones they were cast for just similar ones.