Daily Life | Chapter XXIII

Narrator's POV

Juan grabbed Milo by her hips and pulled her chest to his,  and gently brushed his hands through her cheeks. However, when they were face to face about to kiss he pulled away. She was agitated but didn't pull away. She just stood there.

- I'm sorry - he said while he pulled away.

- What?

- I can't.

He left towards the back door, Milo was perplexed, she hadn't fully processed the almost kiss or what it might mean, and Juan leaving made it even more confusing. She lied down on the stage and looked upwards towards the lights. She was very tired and fell asleep and woke up with Mery calling her name.

-Milo, wake up. Milooo

-What's going on?

-Wake, we have dinner.

-I fell asleep?

-Yeah but not for very long.

-Oh, where's Juan?

-Juan is upstairs, why? Didn't you guys make up?

- That's what he said?

- Not with those exact words but I think. Didn't you?

- Yeah sure, I'm sorry I'm still a bit sleepy.

-Okay? C'mon, they are waiting for us.

- Right.

The two girls went upstairs and joined their friends on a lovely meal for thanksgiving.

-Maybe we should go all American and say what we're thankful for? - Mariana said, knowing that it had been a shaky day for some.

- I second that. - Soso added.

- I'll start - Angie said. - I'm thankful for having met all of you, I was really nervous about this trip, after all, it's not anything I ever thought would actually happen and you guys made me feel so good.

- Yeah, you guys are the best. - Lukas added.

-Cheers - John exclaimed.

-Omg you are such a brit - Milo said laughing.

-Is anything wrong with that? - John said as if he was offended.

The rest of the evening was pretty calm, they ate what they had prepared earlier and stayed up until 12 am together until the neighbors decided to start leaving since the following day they had school. Once the house was empty they started cleaning everything up and tidying things up. They finished by 12:45 am because there were many things to organize. When they finished they all went to their rooms except Mery who stayed in the living room reading a book.

Mery's POV

I decided to stay awake and read after everyone went to sleep. I had recently bought a book called "Big Magic", I had seen it a couple of years ago in a book store but I wasn't if I'd like it but a couple of days ago the girls mentioned it and they had loved it so I decided to give it a go. I started it at 1 am after getting ready for bed and stayed awake for quite some time reading. At about 5 am Milo came out of her room and came to the living room with me.

- What are you doing awake? - she asked me.

-What time is it?

- About 5 am.

- What?? I was reading and lost track of time, why are you awake?

- I couldn't fall asleep.

- Why?