12. Unexpected

It has been two hours after Meghna's departure but Anirudh was still sitting on the floor.

"Was I wrong?"

He repeated to him self but failed to find an answer...

Aaryan glared at his brother, who seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. He had never seen him sitting idle like this. Anirudh was the most practical person one could ever meet. Always engaged either with his job or with any of his hobbies.

"Ani... "

Anirudh walked upto Aaryan, there were tear marks on his face.

"Were you crying?" Asked Aaryan. Shock was visible in his face.

"Was I wrong?" Anirudh asked him back.

Aaryan shook his head being confused. "What do you mean?"

Anirudh sighed. He was masking everything from Aaryan. He lied to him several times.

"Aaryan... I don't know why, but now I feel that I was rude to Agasthya... I believed that he hates me... But..."

Aaryan sensed Anirudh's emotions easly. He also went through the same after Agasthya being attacked by that unknown people.

"Apologise to him for your behavior Anirudh... I hope he would understand..."

Anirudh clunched his arms. "Still he loves me... Still he wants my affection."

"Then why are you being reluctant to be close with him?"

Anirudh wiped his tears. "I can't act Aaryan... I know I won't accept him..."

Aaryan placed his hands on Anirudh's shoulder.

"Still I am not sure in that case Ani... Initially I had a strong faith that I could never love him but now... "

They both stood there silent.

"I am in a dilemma Aary... If I accept him it will be like justifying Mr. Rajeev Thakur. I can't do that..."

Aaryan smiled.

"Ani... Once, you really wished to have a baby brother... Do you remember?"

It was a truth. In early days of their loneliness Anirudh wished to have a little sibling for whom he can be a protective big brother. Even though Aaryan was younger than him their age difference was just two years. That made them both best friends more than brothers.

"Now I am not that teenager Aary... Now I don't want him..."

Aaryan sighed in dismay.

"Why can't you understand your self Anirudh? You fake that you changed... But I am sorry, I know it is a lie..."

*******************

"Aary bhaiya... Aary bhaiya come here..."

Aaryan who was thinking about the conversation he had with Anirudh, startled by Agasthya's sudden shout.

He immediately ran towards the hall from where he heard Agasthya's sound.

"What happened?"

"Look... this news..." Exclaimed Agasthya pointing his finger towards the tv screen.

It was a murder report.

CHANNEL REPORTER :

"The dead body which found near the forest of Bangalore city is identified as Mr. Prakash Sreenivas, famous Advocate. He was missing for last two weeks. "

A sharp chil passed through Aaryan's spine.

"Prakash Uncle..." He whispered glaring at the photo shown in the tv screen.

"Anirudh..." Aaryan called his brother. Prakash was their relative also.

Anirudh took a deep breath to control his fury. He can't wait more.

"I underrated my enemy... She is dangerous..." He shouted.

Both Aaryan and Agasthya stared at their elder brother.

"Your enemy?"

Anirudh didn't mind the question. He grabbed the car key and stromed out of the room.

Aaryan who recovered from the sudden shock ran behind Anirudh.

"Ani where are you going? Who is she?"

Anirudh paused his brother's questions by raising his hand.

"I will tell you everything soon. So be safe and care Agasthya. I will be back soon."

Then he picked a cover from the car and gave it to Aaryan.

"Don't be reluctant to use this if there is any need... I don't think we can continue this hide and seek anymore..."

After Anirudh's departure, with shivering hands Aaryan opened that cover.

He felt Agasthya's grip being stronger on his upper arm.

It was a gun.

********************

"Call him once more Aary bhaiya..."

Aaryan sat near Agasthya and exhaled deeply.

"I am trying... But what can I do? He is not attending my calls..."

With a whimper Agasthya hugged Aaryan tightly.

"I am afraid... I can't breath..."

Aaryan ruffled Agasthya's hair. His  condition also wasn't different.

"Nothing will happen... Don't worry..." He whispered. But he wasn't sure.

They were waiting for Anirudh, who left the house before almost seven hours.

Suddenly Aaryan's phone rang loudly.

"It's Meghna..." Said Aaryan handing over the phone to Agasthya. "I think it's for you..."

"Hello... Meghna didi..."

"Agasthya... " He felt an agony in her voice.

"Where is Aaryan?" She asked with a huff. She was unable to say that to Agasthya.

Agasthya gave the phone back to his brother.

"It's me... Aaryan..."

Agasthya witnessed Aaryan's face being blank and pale. The phone slipped from his hand and fell on the floor with a thud...

"No..." Aaryan yelled.

"He can't..."

......................

Hi friends...
Next part will be updated after 35 votes...