16. Her Decision

"Bhaiya..."

"No..."

"Bhaiya... Please..."

"I said no..."

"Bhaiya...Please...please...please..."

"Agasthya... No... No... No..."

"You are so cruel Aary bhaiya..." Pouted Agasthya.

Aaryan shook his head in disbelief.

"Agasthya I already told you... This is an international convention about Industrial Chemistry, my core subject... I can't skip this... So I won't change the channel "

Agasthya glared at the tv screen making faces. Some foreign people were standing there and taking long lectures about something. He couldn't find anything interesting in it.

"What is that bhaiya?"
Asked Agasthya pointing towards a picture shown at the top right side of the screen.

"It is an organo - metallic compound August... Actually a coordination compound... We use it in Chemistry for..."

But before Aaryan could complete Agasthya chuckled.

"I thought it was a spider web..."

Aaryan bit his tongue and looked at his younger brother.

"It really seems like a spider web... Isn't it?"

"Very funny Agasthya... Now please get out from this room..."

Agasthya giggled at Aaryan making the him more irritated.

"Why are you watching this boring programmes bhaiya... Please give me the remote, Let's watch the cricket match..."

"No..." Rejected Aaryan while placing the tv remote to his side, at a safe distance from Agasthya.

Agasthya sighed.
'Let's try the ultimate step Agasthya...' He said in his mind.

Aaryan startled by the sudden weeping sound and turned his head to find Agasthya sitting there covering his face.

"You don't love me bhaiya..." He said in between fake sobs.

"You are correct..."

Agasthya glared Aaryan with widened eyes. He was expecting Aaryan's sorry and the remote, never this reply.

Aaryan broke into a loud hearty laugh watching Agasthya's surprised face.

"I won't fall for your emotional blackmails my baby August..." He teased Agasthya patting on his cheeks.

Agasthya sighed in embrassment. His Aaryan bhaiya was very clever.

"So... Are you leaving now or may I wait for your next drama?" Said Aaryan suppressing his smile.

Agasthya first started to walk away with a sad face but again came back.

Aaryan raised his eyebrows at Agasthya while latter faked a sweet smile.

"Aary bhaiya... This is my last warning... Please give me the remote and escape from the scolds..."

"What?"

Agasthya extended his hands for the remote but Aaryan shook his head in disagreement. He couldn't sense what Agasthya meant.

With a mischievous grin Agasthya took a deep breath.

"Ani bhaiya... Ani bhaiya... Come here... Fast... Ani bhaiya..."
He almost screamed.

"What happened?"
Asked Anirudh entering the room by running.
"Are you ok, August..."

Agasthya looked at his brother with a puppy face while Anirudh ruffled his hair.

"Please tell Aary bhaiya to give the remote... He teased me when I asked..." Complained Agasthya and side hugged Anirudh.

Anirudh rolled his eyes at Aaryan, who was sitting there with a dropped jaw.

"What is this Aaryan... Give the remote to August..."

"But Ani..."

"Do what I said... Don't behave like a child..."

"Ani... This is an important meeting... And I..."

But Anirudh took the remote and changed the channel for Agasthya.

"He is the youngest Aaryan... Adjust..."

Aaryan sighed. Even though he was mad at Agasthya he smiled a little.

"Actually... You sounds like typical Indian mothers Ani... 'He is younger than you...'"
He said in an over dramatic way.

"You are correct Aary bhaiya... I also feel the same..."
Agasthya joined with Aaryan for teasing Anirudh.

"Hello Mr. August... Don't try to team up with me now..."
Aaryan warned Agasthya acting as if he is angry.

"Leave it Aary bhaiya... Let's watch the match..."
Said Agasthya jumping on to Aaryan making him fall on the sofa.

"You little devil..."

Aaryan tried to push away him playfully.

Anirudh glared at his brothers, who were 'practising wrestling ' on the sofa.

"Excuse me... What is going on here?"

"This is the way my little brother loves me..." Said Aaryan and continued the fight.

Anirudh shook his head and chuckled.
"Crazy..."

*****************

At Mumbai

"Welcome back to home, my daughter..."

Akash Malhotra smiled looking at Simran.

"I came here just to meet you... You know that..."

"Well... What help do you expect from your father?"

Simran smiled sarcastically.
"I always wished only one thing from you... But you never give me that... I wasted my life for it and now I don't want you..."

Akash Malhotra clapped loudly.
"Bravo* Simran... Great speech..."

She stood up from the chair and sighed in fury.

"I can't find any benefit in extending this conversation any more... So let me come to the point... I won't let you win this time..."

"I am sorry dear... But, you will fail..."

Simran clunched her arms to control her emotions. She was familiar with that.

Her father always tell her the same.
"You will fail..."

Simran looked into his eyes before leaving from there.

"I may fail... But... I won't let you win..."

It was her decision.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

*bravo - a Spanish word. We use it when we want to say someone is brave or courageous