38. The Cursed Night (part a)

Recap

"Was he adopted?"

Anirudh didn't turn back.

"No... He was kidnapped."

**************

"What does that mean?"
Simran asked overcoming the sudden shock.
"Who is he then?"

Anirudh turned back to face them. It's going to be the worst. Probably the most painful part of their entire lives.

But... It's time to reveal the reality.

"Living a life apart from each other they believed that the curse will not affect their next generation, that is us... But fate brought everyone together once again... We have only two choices in this battle. A battle that started 18 years ago..."

***************

(FLASHBACK)

18 YEARS AGO

At Mumbai, Head Office of Deshmukh industries.

"How do you do, Mr Malhotra?"

Akash faked a smile at that question.
"I need money... Prathap only you can help me now..."

"Our deal is over, already..."
Said Prathap in a cold tone. "So don't expect anything more..."

Akash Malhotra sighed in frustration

Akash Malhotra sighed in frustration. The government has taken strict actions against the drug mafia and black money so that he lost most of his deals.

"I know that Malhotra industries are financially stable. Then why should I include you in my business with Rajeev Thakur? He is planning to start a pharmaceutical company. It's not your taste in any way..."

Akash Malhotra smirked at that sentence.

"I know... But I have a plan. If you are ready to co-operate with me then it will be beneficial for both of us..."

"What do you mean by 'a plan' ?"