44. To Choose to Die

Anirudh knows that he needs to be patient and wait for the right time but at that moment all he wants to do is kill Akash Malhotra with his bare hands. Shoot a bullet right through his evil brain and watch it burst into a thousand pieces. Ooh man, isn't that going to be the most satisfying scene ever?

Geetha exhaled looking at Anirudh's bloodshot eyes and clenched knuckles. She understood what he was feeling right now. She has been feeling the same for the past 18 years.

But they can't rush.

"Simran has the kindest soul... How could he do this to her?" Said Anirudh. He just came to know about Simran's ex-lover's death through Geetha Malhotra.

Geetha closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She knew that Anirudh loved Simran as his sister and Geetha would forever be grateful for that.

But right now she has more important things to share with him.

"Did you ever think why Varun would decide to take revenge on your father all of a sudden for something that happened almost two decades ago?" Geetha asked.

"I am not sure..." replied Anirudh with uncertainty. "I heard that his wife died. Meghna told me incidents like that could trigger past traumas."

"In Varun's eyes, his wife Neha was killed because of your father Rajeev Thakur..."

"What?" Anirudh was shocked to the core. "I don't understand anything..."

"The boy Simran loved died when he was abroad for a cultural fest... In London... In the same accident where Varun lost his wife..."

"Does that mean Akash created an accident scenario so that he wouldn't get caught and Neha was killed in it?"

"Yes..." Nodded Geetha.
"Varun wasn't in the investigation team for 3 months and within that time Akash somehow came to know about Varun's identity and Neha's relationship with him. So as always, he tossed some money and put the fault on your father's shoulder. He knew that it would be enough to distract Varun from the truth and target your family..."

"And Papa might have somehow prevented the investigation because Agasthya was with him. He wouldn't risk Agasthya's truth anyway..."

"Yes. That was strong enough to fuel Varun's suspicions and rage... We all know what happened after that..."

"He killed my father..." said Anirudh, his vision blurred with tears. "And now he wants to kill all of us... Starting with my August..."

Geetha patted on Anirudh's shoulder. She knew that Agasthya's brothers were giving their two hundred percent and trying to find him but the results were quite disappointing. They almost searched every corner of the country either by being there or with the help of others and they found nothing. Simran even asked Geetha's help with that but their private investigation team also failed.

Varun was a brilliant criminal. He got his father's genes. He was smart enough to fool both Indian and French police departments, trick Anirudh and Aaryan, and kidnap Agasthya. But he failed to recognize his blood.

Varun might be a thousand times more clever than Anirudh but he could never be the pure human being that the latter always been. That's why deep in her heart Geetha still believes that the final smile would be Anirudh's. He is the one who deserves Agasthya. He is the only one who could treat Agasthya the way he deserves.

"You will find him Anirudh..." Geetha whispered holding his hand. "Nothing will happen to Agasthya. God will show us a way..."

Anirudh didn't reply. He also wished the same but...

It's been 8 days since Agasthya was gone. They only have 48 hours on their hands. If they fail to find Agasthya in time... Anirudh couldn't even imagine the rest.