36. The Trust

Recap

"If you feel this much pain for your father, then can you imagine losing your entire family in one night? Being an orphan from a prince..."

Varun took a deep breath before recalling his memories.

"We had a kingdom..."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"I don't think that I could ever tell my father's story without mentioning his so-called friend, Rajeev Thakur..."
Said Varun.

"Friend?"

"I said, so-called friend... They were classmates since their college life. My father also was a scientist like yours, graduated in pharmaceutical chemistry... And of course, he was the second always... Because who could beat the brilliant Rajeev Thakur in studies?"

Agasthya had heard about his father's excellent academic records. He was a gold medalist and the brightest one in his field. Among his three sons, Aaryan was the same. Brainy and hardworking. Exceptionally talented in his field... Sometimes Anirudh calls him a bookworm.

"But who cares?" Chuckled Varun.
"My father was very confident about his achievements. His earlier life was never a smooth going one like your father's. Coming from a financially lower-class family, it was hard for him to achieve something in life... But he did it... All alone..."

"Within two years after passing out from the college he became one of the best young entrepreneurs in India. Married his love, my mother, destroying all obstacles. Everything was perfect... Until that day when your father invited my dada to be a part of his company... 'F4 MEDICARE'."

Agasthya was listening to him without blinking his eyes. He heard the name of that company, multiple times from his brothers but what Varun told was new for him.

"I never expected that our lives would have a terrible turn after that. I was with my friends in a campaign for a week but when I returned... My entire family was killed in a bomb blast that happened in my house and my dada's body found in their laboratory. I lost my siblings and... My little brother died in front of my eyes... He was just 6 years old... I still remember how he struggled to breathe lying on the hospital bed..."

Varun closed his eyes and sighed.
"His last word was 'bhaiya...'. Maybe he had thought that I could save him but... But I couldn't... No God answered my prayers... He left me like everyone else..."

For a moment, Agasthya forgot his conditions and felt pity for Varun.

But Varun smirked again.

"I have died thousand times at that moment, Agasthya... And now, I am excited to give the same experience to your brothers, I mean stepbrothers also..."

"But... What was my father's fault for this? And I wasn't even born at that time... So why are you..."

Varun stopped him by raising his hand.

"Then why did your father run away to London that night? He was responsible for an explanation but what made him escape like a coward?"

"He is a good man... Don't call my papa 'Coward'..." Agasthya murmured.

"Of course he is..." Varun laughed sarcastically.

"He left his beloved wife and children for another woman and his illegitimate son... Of course, he is a very good person..."

Agasthya bowed his head in agony. He never knew who was his biological mother, neither he wanted to. Actually he hated her for coming in between his papa and Maithili maa. It was a wound that always bothered his heart. Maybe he successfully covered it, but couldn't cure it... Never...