38. The Cursed Night (part b)

(Flashback continue...)

It has been an hour since Rajeev Thakur and Karan Chaudhary reached the factory of F4 Medicare. They could find neither Akash nor Prathap.

"Shall we check them in the laboratory?"
Rajeev asked Karan putting his hands inside his pocket. It was a cold night as well as dark.

Karan, who had a strong gut feeling that something wrong is happening around them, shook his head in confusion.
"I don't know why but it feels like... It feels like Akash is troubling us. He told us that he would be here but where is he?"

"I am tensed about him, Karan... What if Prathap harms him?"

A soft chuckle escaped from Karan thinking about the innocence of his best friend.
"Seriously? Akash is a tricky fox you know... And I am afraid that he has to do something more here..."

"Whatever..."
Rajeev murmured. He was already betrayed by one of his friends and wasn't strong enough to think that Akash would also do the same.

They stopped when they noticed the gloomy yellow light coming out through the half-closed door of the laboratory.

"I think we found them..."
Karan whispered and was about to enter in but Rajeev stopped him.

"We should be careful... Prathap is not a good person..."

"I know... But we have no other choice."
Answered Karan. "And nothing will happen to you... Promise..."

"I don't want anything to happen to you too..."
Said, Rajeev while stepping into the room following his friend.

Prathap was busy with the work he had so that he failed to notice them entering in and hiding behind the door. There was a gun lying near to his hand and that accelerated their hearts.

"What is he doing?"
Karan asked.

"Clearing the evidence, I guess..."
Rajeev said without taking his eyes from that scene. He felt pure hate towards Prathap for cheating him like this.
"I would never trust him..."

They both held their breath when they heard running footsteps outside.

"It's me..." Said Akash entering in and that made Prathap lower his gun.

"I am sorry, I thought it was Karan..." Exhaled Prathap.
"I had cleared all the chemicals so that no one can trap us now. Let the bastards do whatever they can... It's over."

Akash didn't say anything but smirked. According to him, it was just a beginning.

"Thank you for helping me with the information that Karan and Rajeev found our secret, Akash..."
Said Prathap. "I will give you a gift for this..."

"Of cause you will..." Replied Akash in a weird tone.

"You cheated us..."
Before Rajeev could stop, Karan rushed out of their hiding spot and punched Akash in his face making him fall to the ground along with the bag he had in his hand.

Both Prathap and Akash was shocked to the core by this unexpected turn of events so that they couldn't react at the moment.

"I expected this from you Akash... You are nothing but a rascal..."

"Prathap... Save me..." Akash cried in fear.

At that moment only Karan realised the foolishness he has done. Without any weapon, without any defence, he is in front of the Prathap Deshmukh... A professional shooter who never miss his aim. And still, Prathap doesn't know that Akash has played on both sides.