39. Whatever it takes

Recap

Anirudh looked at the three pairs of tear-filled eyes glaring at him. Aaryan's lips were shivering but Anirudh could hear his sound.

He was aware of the thousands of questions roaming in their mind. And he was ready to face them.

"When I was a child, I always wondered that what was Papa holding that much closer to himself. When I grew up, the confused teenager in myself confirmed that it was nothing but money... It took a long time for me to realise the truth..."
He sighed.

"It was more precious than anything in the world... It was our August..."

**************

Anirudh was about to continue the story but stopped immediately looking at Simran's face. She was on the brink of tears.

None of them ever had seen her crying. She was strong, cunning, daring and most importantly has great control over her emotions. But now Simran felt as if the whole world collapsed on her. She realised the fact that she could never love herself after knowing this all.

"Stay strong..." said Anirudh while holding both of her hands.
"We need you..."

"I... I hate his blood in my veins..." She said with a great effort to compose herself from a breakdown.

Anirudh side hugged her. Simran couldn't help but cry her heart out on his shielding arms. She never got a chance to feel the brotherly affection before and now she understood why Agasthya's world always revolved around his brothers...

"Don't shed your tears for Akash Malhotra dear..."
Said Meghna to Simran and wiped her tears.

"Yes." Anirudh also agreed with her.
"He is not worth it..."

Simran nodded a little. She always wanted to know how far her father would go for money but never excepted this much. She wasted her whole life for his acceptance and now it feels humiliating.

"Do you wish to meet your mother?"
Anirudh asked her expecting a yes. He really wanted them to be together. They both deserve better.

Simran glared at Anirudh in surprise. For the first time, she was being a normal daughter who wants to run into her mother's lap. Her heart craved for her mother... Her mother, whom she failed to understand...
"Yes... I want her..."

"Go then..." Anirudh smiled. "She is waiting for you..."

Then he turned to Aaryan who was standing there silent.
"Accompany her... I had sent you the location..."

Aaryan just nodded and walked along with Simran to meet Geetha Malhotra for the first time in his life.

************

"How do you know this, Anirudh?"
Meghna asked him.

It has been half an hour since Aaryan and Simran left and Anirudh was sitting silently in the garden.

"Did you say anything?"
Anirudh turned back to face her. He wasn't in this world and that was clear from his clueless expression.

She sighed and sat beside him.
"How do you know this?

" Just a minute..."