Attraction F. Weasley

The Gryffindor table was uncharacteristically silent as Fred Weasley approached late for breakfast. That was typical though. More often than not he was rushing in right before classes started and just as quickly rushing back out.

What was unusual though, and the source of everybody's shock, was the pair of glasses framing his face. Glasses he didn't need. Glasses nobody was sure even belonged to him.

"What?" Fred barely acknowledged them as he started putting food on his plate. "What's with the staring?"

"What's with -" Ginny let out a heavy sigh as she shared a glance with her siblings, every one of which was just as confused as she was. "What are you wearing those for?"

"Wearing what for?"

"Those obviously!" George reached across the table and flicked the frame of the glasses, skewing them sideways on Fred's face. He ducked out of the way before he could retaliate. "Didn't even know you owned any glasses."

"Well I do," Fred answered easily. Now that he was looking up he couldn't help himself. His eyes scanned the Great Hall until he found you hunched over a book and scribbling something on some parchment.

"Well yeah but what for?" Ron frowned through a mouthful of food.

"To see, Ronniekins," Fred looked away from you quickly when you glanced up abruptly, almost immediately looking right at him. "That's what most people use them for."

"Yeah but that's not what you need them for," Ron was oblivious to the fact that Fred wasn't paying him any attention. His gaze had gone back to you the second you went back to your reading. "Think one of us would've noticed if you really needed them."

"Spill it," Ginny leaned forward while narrowing her eyes. "I can almost guarantee you didn't own those before last night. Now why do you need them?"

"Need what?"

A groan resounded between the three siblings, each of them coming to the realization that Fred was paying absolutely zero attention to their conversation.

"Okay new question," George kicked Fred underneath the table, forcing him to look their way again. "What's got you so -"

But before he could get the question all the way out Fred threw back his goblet of pumpkin juice and practically tripped over himself getting up from the table. "I'll see you guys later."

"Well that was something." Ron shook his head, staring at the empty spot his brother had just left.

Ginny nodded towards the entrance of the Great Hall where Fred had stopped, apparently finding one of the suits of armor very interesting. "Look at that."

"Makes sense now," George only shook his head as the three of them watched Fred wait a few seconds after you had left the Great Hall to follow you. "McGonagall changed our seats in Transfiguration the other day and since then our dear Freddie's been infatuated with none other than Y/N Y/L/N. Has a perfect view of her from where he sits now."

"You're kidding," Ron couldn't help but scoff at the revelation. "She's top of her class, always in the library. There's no way she'd even give Fred the time of day."

"Maybe that's why he likes her," Ginny shrugged, going back to her own breakfast. "Or why he's intrigued at the very least."

George hummed before a smirk flashed on his face, leaning in towards his younger siblings a little more. "Place your bets, kids. Do we think Fred's little glasses plan is going to work or not?"

*

You tried your hardest not to stare, you really did.

Of course you'd noticed Fred Weasley of all people hanging around you for the past week or so, who wouldn't? The fact that he happened to go out of his way a little to talk to you meant absolutely nothing at all though, you'd convinced yourself of that. Especially not when you knew you'd stuttered through practically every conversation you'd had with him so far.