Funny. | J. Potter

James Potter is an handsome, loyal, funny, mischievous boy. Why did Tara hate him? He was a selfish, arrogant, obnoxious, Self-centered bully. He always thought that since he's white, rich, and semi-funny he could talk, walk, act any way he wanted. Tara took every chance she got to degrade him.

One time he put a snail in her soup so she floated his underwears in the Great hall and he came out in just a towel. It's been war ever since.

But today she had detention with him. They had to sort out the raggedy brooms that the first years use. "Tara Shipp, James Potter follow me." Madam hooch said coming into the common room. She hugged Dorcas and waved her goodbye, She didn't miss the dirty look Lily Evans shot her way.

She she knew about the James' Little crush on Evans but she would never Think Lily Evans would like him back. Tara really hope that  she could get through detention without any drama.

As she walked she awkwardly averted her eyes to see James staring at her bum. "Em-" she said clearing her throat while walking behind him. They exchanged looks for two seconds before her body slammed into the doorway.

She wasn't looking where she was going and she embarrassed herself in the audience of a boy. "Hey beautiful get up before a cat piss get ya." She gave him a confused look when she felt a wet puddle spread into her thigh. She saw flich's cat peeing in between her legs.

Her initial reaction was to scream but she didn't want to clown herself even more so she got up and ran to lost and found. She found a third year quidditch sweater and put it on, not looking who it belonged to.

She came out to come face to face with a chest. The chest belonged to James potter. "Can't stop running into things lovely." He said examine her. "Can't stop giving me those idiotic names." She said fixing her hair.

"Nice sweater." He said looking at the sweater with an grin. "It's not mine it's just somehow a bit oversized for me so it'll replace my cloths.

She said looking at her shirt and pants in the bin. " you calling my third year body fat?" He said laughing as her eyes got big as saucers. "THIS IS YOURS?" She boomed. "No wonder it smells like a wet dog." She said putting her hands at the bottom getting ready to take it off.

"No—no it's looks great on you love." He said in his vivid British accent. She blushed—who is she kidding she didn't blush her melanated skin. "I like seeing that smile on you princess." He said inserting his finger under her chin and lifted her face.

She felt her heart skin two beats but she caught herself. "I'm not lily." She said firmly looking away. "And that's what I love about you. Why else do you think I got myself in detention. So I could see you without your friends being here." He said looking into her eyes.

"You—you don't get it. I'm not white or I don't have straight you can run your hands through under the sunset." She said patting her hands down walking back to the classroom where a stack of brooms layer out.

"Yeah. You have amazing curly hair and flawless skin that looks like gold under the sunset and that smile—that goddamn smile." He said taking her hands and his and kissing them both.

"Being with me will ruin your reputation. Black women are stereotyped as lazy whores who will do anything for money." She said taking broom polish and rubbing it on the broom.

"Now what makes you say that—" he said but quickly got cut off. "Your boy Sirius? Yeah, turns out his moms and racist bitch. She said that to me on the train!" She said doing a quick charm to make the Verona clean themselves.

"That's what I'm talking about. Your smart you always find the way where both people benefit. Your beautiful every part of you!" He said tucking her braid behind her ear.

"I'm not skinny..." she said looking down on her body.  She has been bullied by the muggles back home about her curves.

"Princess you're perfect." He smiled down on her. She pushed his shoulder but he pulled her arm into a deep kiss.

"I don't want this to be a one time thing and then have it be over." She said ruffling his hair as her eye twinkled in the moonlight. "Princes? Be my girlfriend." He smiled.

"Hmm. Yes!" She said jumping his arms. She watched the self cleaning charm came to a halt as all the brooms were done polishing.

"Let's go to astronomy tower!" She said jumping up and down like a child.

James had perplexed look on his face. He just got a girlfriend and she wanted to go the astronomy tower?

As they walked James took in all the scents of the nightfall around them. Madam hooch most likely forgot she let two minors after curfew alone at night...not that he's complaining.

"Remember second year in this class and we were doing an assignment on celestial magic?" She asked looking up at the crescent moon."

James had a confused look on his face. Out of all the things she could recall she chose to talk about this. "Yeah?" He smiled down at her while squinting at the smile she had plastered onto her face.

"That was the first time you uttered a single word to me and it was 'Pencil?' I was so shocked JAMES POTTER was actually in my presence." She said curly her hair around her finger.

Of course James remembered now. It was the first time they shared an interaction. "Bet you were day dreaming about me all day." she chuckled while punching his arm. 

"You're a hilarious girl. But an even funnier girlfriend." He said wrapping an arm around her shoulders and kissing the top of her hair inhaling all the scents of coconut and apple. As the night lived they stared at the constellations and as she was about the does off, she saw some of the constellations come together and spell 'funny.' 

_____

Bleh. This is written so poorly. I had to take a break from wattpad to focus on school and that really helped. First thing I did when I got back was wrap up a few drafts. Hope you...enjoyed.

<3 becca.