S. Black | age is just a number.

"Again," Sirius commanded. You groaned loudly, letting your hand fall back to your side. For what seemed like hours, you had been in a large study on one of the upper levels of Grimmauld Place with Sirius, practicing combat spells.

   You turned to look at him. His face was fixed in a stern, unreadable expression. He slowly turned towards you and pointed at the dummy at the far end of the room. "Again."

   Taking a deep breath, you turned your attention back to the dummy. You raised your wand to eye level and cast. "Flipendo." The dummy was knocked back a few feet, but otherwise remained upright.

   You looked back at Sirius, expecting some type of reaction. He crossed his arms. "Again. Harder." You shook your head slightly and shifted your eye back to the dummy. No matter how well you did, he seemed to only put more pressure on you.

   "Flipendo." The dummy moved back a few more feet.

   "Again."

   Your hand fell against of your side in a fist once more. "This is ridiculous!"

   Sirius walked over to you. He loomed over you about a foot and it was noticeable. But in the mood you were in, you weren't the slightest bit intimidated. You looked him directly in his eye.

   "I said again." He walked around you until he was standing directly behind you. You could feel his chest firmly pressed against your back. His hand wrapped around your wrist and raised your hand. He gently tilted your hand until your wand was pointing at the dummy.

   He leaned down closer to you and you could feel his breath fanning against the back of your neck. "And this time with less mouth, hmm?"

   His hand left you wrist as he stepped away from you. You focused all your energy on the dummy. Gripping your wand as tightly as you could, you let all the magic you could flow out of you. "Flipendo!" The dummy catapulted through the air, landing with a crash against the wall.

   You turned excitedly towards Sirius with a self confident smile on your face. His lip involuntarily quirked up slightly. He couldn't help but smile at how proud you were.

   "That's better. Let's try again." He walked past you and your shoulders fell in defeat. You watched him set the dummy back up. When he was finished, he motioned toward it, waiting for you to fire a spell.

   As he watched you stand there silently, his eyebrows narrowed. "Well, come on then."

   "No."

   He looked taken aback for a minute. His mouth fell open slightly in shock but quickly he regained composure. "Excuse me?"

   "You heard me."

   "(Y/N)..." You could sense the warning tone in his voice. Typically, you wouldn't have been as willing to test him, but today you were in the mood to argue.

   "Sirius," you replied firmly.

   He took a step closer to you. "You're being a brat."

   "And you're being an arsehole."His face went completely blank. You couldn't register any shock or even anger. That was until he tilted his head slightly and suddenly, you could see a fire in his eyes.

   An apology nearly escaped you, but before you said anything could his wand was out. "Relashio." Your grip on your wand loosened and it fell to the ground, hitting your foot.

   "Sirius," you grumbled, leaning down to reach for your wand.

   "Ventus." You had to duck to avoid his spell. He stared down at your angry face and shrugged nonchalantly, taking another step toward you.