Cedric Diggory IV

Alisha spent the next three weeks preparing Cedric for his first task. She was currently waiting for him to come back to the courtyard. She saw him walking with a look of slight fear on his face. "What's wrong," Alisha said worriedly, "The first task is to retrieve a golden egg from the selected dragon." He said sitting down, "What was the selected dragon?" She asked, Maybe she could do some research on the animal.

"Swedish short- snout." He said looking at her for any sign of help, "They've easily fooled creatures, You should transfigure something into an animal that can buy you time, Go for the egg, and if the dragon spots you use a binding curse." Alisha said going over her words carefully. 

"That seems a little easy," He said fidgeting. "Think smarter not harder. and how did you find out the first task." Alisha asked, " I heard Hagrid talking to Charlie Weasley about it," Cedric said briefly. Alisha looked at him. "That means Ron knows about it too, He must've told Potter." Alisha said looking around, "Doubt it, Heard them fighting yesterday." He said, Alisha, nodded and looked around. "I'm going to find some spells in the library, Coming?" He asked reaching ut his hand. "Okay Cedric I see you, Nerds unite!" Alisha cheered. He pushed her playfully. Alisha laughed but she felt a lingering feeling of being watched. 

***

It was the next day and Alisha prepared Cedric, "Okay use the spell 'Vera Voto' To change the rock into a dog, Then either use Wingardium Leviosa' to get the egg to float to you or go for it. Incase the dragon spots you, use the binding spell, I put a protection spell on you, It only brings protects you until you use an offensive spell." Alisha said, Cedric nodded and kissed her like it were their last. 

She watched Cedric pace into the dragons resting area and turn the rock into a boulder, He then used the floating charm to bring the egg towards him. Cedric used the binding curse to freeze the dragon. Alisha clapped as he made his way back to the stands in 'one minute and fifty-three seconds.' 

She watched fleur use her veela powers into manipulating the dragon into a deep sleep, She then gracefully grabbed the egg and left. She was having trouble climbing up and she fell on her bum, This awakened the dragon causing her to have to fight it. She won but it took up a whole six minutes. 'This would probably place her in the third place' Alisha thought. 

She Then watched Viktor, And harry battle the dragon. Finally, Cedric was the final winner. with 47 points in total. She cheered. She ran up to him and hugged him. This caused a series of people making love noises. 

'Shut up.'

***

It was time for Alisha to research what to do with the egg. She sent an owl asking her mom who specialized in 'The department of magical catastrophes.' But, she stayed in France for two years studying magical species as apart of her practice. 

She quickly got an owl back from her owl 'Alaric'. She opened it and it said, 

Dear Ali,

From what you told me Cedric got a golden egg, These only come from a special type of dragons. Usually, they place their eggs in blessed water at the bottom of a nearby reservoir laced with mystical energy. I'm pretty sure regular water will do just the trick though. MAKE SURE CEDRIC HAS THE EGG FULLY UNDERWATER WHEN IT HATCHES. They make a terrible screeching sound above water. I'm sorry I can't be there for you both, I'm still studying the celestial events in a small town in West Virginia. Stay safe and owl me if any weird things are happening around you. Dark times are ahead.

- xoxo, Mum.

***

Alisha read the letter out loud to Cedric, She excluded the 'Dark times are ahead.' part, not wanting to worry him. "So take the egg to any source of water and submerge underwater." He repeated, "Yeah, and make sure listen to any humming or vibrations, It can give you a clue that way. 

"Okay," he said kissing her forehead. She tugged his coat. "Not now. look" Alisha said pointing to a crowd of Slytherins and even some Hufflepuffs tormenting harry. She started feeling embarrassed when she wasn't even supposed to feel that way. Why was she feeling harry's emotions when she got remotely close to him. 

She wanted to do more research on 'Siphoning' but she had Cedric focus on it. She promised herself she would do it after. Making herself a mental note. Cedric went off to talk some sense into the other students that were mocking harry, While I followed harry to talk to him. 

"Harry, wait!" She said touching his shoulder. Her hand glowed red. She gasped Harry saw it too. "What in the hell." she said taking her hand back. Harry eyed her, "It's probably some stupid charm the Slytherins put on me." He said walking away. Alisha felt terrible, Harry didn't deserve this. 

"I believe you." Alisha said catching Harry's attention. "Y- You do?" He asked, He thought she was tricking him. "Yeah, I don't think you put your name in the cup." Alisha said forcing a smile. "Oh- well uh, thanks." He said walking away. "And if you need anyone to talk to. I'm here." She said smiling, It was genuine this time. "Thanks, Alisha." He said smiling back at her. 

***

The next couple months went by and Cedric and Alisha have been preparing for the final challenge. Cedric and Alisha went to the Yule ball together, Supported each other, and just loved each other. Today was the big day. Cedric and harry had the highest points so they went into the 'Death Maze' first. Alisha's mom sent her the journals of some triwizard tournament winners that went mad over what happened in there. This was probably why it was postponed for  200 years. 

She shared one last passionate kiss with Cedric before sending him off, "I love you." She said. "I love you more." he said kissing her nose. She shared a brief nod with harry before sitting down. The bleachers were huge due to the fact many people from all over the world came to watch the event. 

***

Hours have passed by and just as Alisha was going to fall asleep she saw bright red lights go up in the air. She crossed her fingers that it wasn't Cedric and it wasn't. It was fleur, Then krum. Harry and Cedric were still in the maze, She prayed to merlin that he was okay. But why did she feel fear all of this sudden. 

She watched as harry came in, With Cedric! But Alisha saw that he was on the ground, "Ahhhh!" Fleur Delacour screeched. Alisha realized immediately, Cedric was dead. 

She ran over to his body and cried, She sobbed. His eyes were open with fear. She closed them his her fingers. She saw Amos rush over to his son, He hugged her, knowing that she also lost him. He was the love of her life. 

"Voldemort's back, He's back! Cedric He- he asked me to bring his body back." He sobbed, Alisha didn't know what to think. She wanted to just wanted to hug him one last time. Alisha felt herself getting hot, She looked at her hands and saw herself getting red. 

She saw Mad- eye's face disform. He turned into a different man, Before Alisha could think she blasted him with her hands. Her nose leaked black blood. She fainted next to her lover, Their hands almost touching.