Protector. | S. black

Young S. Black 

Ayah Guerrero is an African American witch who is moving to England to stay with her father. Her mother recently overdosed on sleeping pills. Her mother, who cared for her, loved her, treated her like a princess. She killed herself, Leaving Ayah motherless.

Her father was the only one that could take her in. He always had custody of her daughter. But he didn't give two shits about her. So he sent her to the farthest Magic school so he could never see her again.

"Are you ready?" The tall man said, holding his watch. Ayah didn't like him much. He wanted her out quick, Ayah wanted to be out quick. Her mother always made her feel wanted, But now she's gone. "Yeah, Just give me a minute," Ayah said, combing her hair. "Look kid, I've gotta go now!" He said, raising his voice. "Silencio." She said waving her hand and making his mouth close shut. "I will take my time okay, Father." She smiled. "Extrano," She said unraveling her hand, letting him speak.

"Little girl-" He started, "Let's go, Wouldn't want you to be late." She said walking to the Portkey. "Why can't we take a car." She said, examining the ugly yellow vase. "That's the Muggle way, Plus I need to be at the Ministry early." He said looking at his watch for the fifth time.

Ayah sighed. "Whatever." She said placing her hand on the vase. It immediately teleported her to a train station. "Platform 9 and 3/4, okay?" He said apperating off. "Wait-" She said, reaching for where his body used to be. "There is no platform with that name." She sighed. She walked asking for help, She knew it would be no use due to the fact they were muggles.

Ayah POV

"Hey, Do you need help?" A tall boy with shoulder-length black hair said, "Are you trying to get to Hogwarts?" I asked desperately. "Yeah, Platform 9-" I smiled, "And three quarters!" I giggled. "See that wall between 9 and 10, Run through." He said pointing his finger over my shoulder. I stared at the hard brick wall. "No, No, and No," I said turning back. "We'll do it together." He said grabbing my hand. It felt warm, I smiled. "You only live once," I said holding his hand tight and running through the wall.

As soon as I made it out I was greeted by the smell of train engine smoke and the sounds of Parents laughing and hugging their children. "Padfoot!" A boy with ruffled hair and round glasses said. "Got yourself a girlfriend mate!" He said in a thick British accent. "Hi, I'm ayah," I said as The guy wrapped his arm around my waist. "Yeah, I'm going to go," I said, pushing the Luggage that I forgot I had with me.

"Um, That's my Luggage." He said smiling. "Oh my-, I'm so sorry," I said letting go of the trunk. "I'm just kidding you. It's yours." He said. I sighed in relief. "You asshole," I said smacking his head. "I'm not going to be late on my first day," I said walking to the train entrance and getting on. People side-eyed me. It's like they weren't used to an African-American witch who wasn't whitewashed.

I looked around for any empty compartments. A red-headed girl opened her compartment door and waved for me to come in. "Me?" I said pointing at my chest. "Yeah, you." She said laughing in her British accent. "oh, okay." I said sitting down while she slid the door closed. "Are you new, I've never seen you before. "Yeah, My mom died a few weeks ago so I came to England to stay with my dad," I said smiling trying to fight the tears. "Hey, It's okay to cry." She said grabbing my head.

"So what are you doing in a compartment by yourself," I asked. "Waiting for my friends, Marlene and Dorcas." She said and like Magic two girls came in with angry faces. "Lily! I thought we were waiting for each other in the Platform so we could go through together?" She said with an angry face. "Sorry but James was there and I was not in the mood to deal with him and his buddies." She said rubbing her face.