Chapter 1

I'm laying in bed when I suddenly hear the alarm go off. Another mission was waiting for us. I roll over and squint to read the blocky numbers on my alarm clock. It reads 7:45 a.m.

"So much for sleeping in this weekend."

I crawl out of bed and quickly change into my suit. I meet my dad and Peter in the living room.

"Jr? Peter? Do you guys think you're ready for a small solo mission." He smiles.
Peter just kind of stares at him still half asleep.
"Dad we're ready. Peter come on." I grab his wrist and yank him towards the front door. My dad sent Peter and I the coordinates of a bank that was being robbed, nothing we couldn't handle. I hopped in the car with Peter and sped to the sight.

It was an easy mission, we were in and out within 45 minutes after arresting the robbers and checking on the hostages. One little girl had been separated from her mother so Peter went around looking for her while I tried to calm the frantic girl.

"It's okay she'll be back soon. Can you tell me your name? How old are you?"
"Bailey."
"What a beautiful name that is. How old are you Bailey?"
She holds up 5 fingers. "Wow you're 5! You're so brave for a 5 year old. Braver than me when I was 5."
Bailey just laughs and I continue to talk with her until she and her mom are reunited.
"Thank you guys so so much. I don't know what I would have done if it had lost her." The mother squeezes me and Peter tightly.

"No problem ma'am. My partner and I are just doing our jobs." Peter says. We exit the back and head to the car parked around the corner. Once in the car I waste no time driving to the breakfast diner a few streets over.

"Up for pancakes Peter?"
"What kind of question is that? Of course I'm up for pancakes!" He laughs. We could hear our stomachs rumbling even over the radio. I pulled up to a red light and stopped. The diner was so close, I could see it just a couple hundred feet in front of me. And then all I saw was a large grey suv.
"Jr are they stopping?" Peter asks nervously.
"They should they have a red light." But I wasn't confident in my response. Before I could swerve the car out of the way the grey suv hit us straight on.