Chapter 28

"I know I'm sorry Cal. Dad grounded me for two weeks and won't let me go out or have friends over. So you can still come for the internship but I can't be around."

"That's so stupid Jr. we should be allowed to see each other!"

"I know Cal but two weeks will go by quickly, right?"

"It'll go by very quickly, we can FaceTime every day until I can finally see you in person. And I promise that the day your dad ungrounds you I will be at the door waiting to take you out."

"Thanks Cal, I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too JJ."

"Alright I gotta go but I'll call you later ok."

"Alright bye JJ."

I felt my phone buzz as another message flashed across the screen.

Rumalow-Meet me at 174 Pioneer Drive 2:30 tn

J- I can't, my dad is cracking down on security I have to wait two weeks

Rumalow-I don't think I can wait that long darling

J-I don't have any choice

Rumalow- find a way to convince your father to go out tomorrow afternoon, if you don't show up by then the video gets released. Got it.

J-got it

I started pacing back and forth wracking my brain to think of any ideas that would allow me to leave the house.

"Jr it's dad can I come in?"

"Sure come in."

"Hey I just wanted to- what's with the pacing?"

"Nothing I'm just thinking."

"Well stop pacing for one minute. I am going to be leaving for a mission around 10 in the morning. Steve, Bruce, Nat, Bucky and Peter are coming with me. Clint will be home with you and Thor will be dropping by tomorrow night. I know you're mad at me but I wasn't going to leave without telling you first. I love you kid."

"Love you too dad."

"Alright get some sleep because you're gonna need it."

J-I have a plan that might work

Rumalow-I'll be waiting

By the time I had woken up the mission crew had already left. Clint and I had the entire tower to ourselves. Seeing that he was still asleep I snuck into his room and moved his hearing aids. I moved them enough that it would take him a bit to find them, but not enough that he would suspect anything.

After making sure he was in a deep sleep I quickly drove to the location Rumalow had given me.

"Took you long enough." Rumalow sneered.

"You're lucky I was even able to get out of the house."

"No you're lucky I haven't released the video yet. I'm sure your dad would love that one. And the boyfriend right, Lockhart is the name?"

"Leave them out of it."

"You're not in the position to argue with me kid."