Chapter 24

As soon as Bucky pulled into the garage I bolted out of the car bags in hand. I raced upstairs preparing the perfect cozy movie theater, complete with bean bag chairs, blankets and food galore. Bear trotted in happily taking his normal spot on my bed. Bucky was not far behind with more bags.

"Alright sit down so we can watch the movies!" I shouted bouncing with excitement. I slipped the first disk into the DVD player and settled into my beanbag cocooned in blankets.

After 7 hours worth of movies Bucky and I became extremely drowsy. I curled up on the chair but Bucky insisted I slept in my bed. I only made it onto the mattress because Bucky carried me, there was no way I was moving.

"Night doll."

"Gnight Bucky."

Bear stretched out and soon realized he didn't have the whole bed to himself but he adjusted quickly.

• • •

"Miss Stark your presence is requested in your father's office."

"It can wait Friday." I mumble against the pillow.

"He says it is urgent."

"Yeah we'll be says a lot of things."

"He says if you do not get to his office in less than a minute he will have Point Break drag you out of your room."

"He'll never take me alive."

"Well they don't want you dead." Friday deadpanned.

"Sleep is the most important thing right now."

"Actually the oxygen you breathe is significantly more important."

"Tiny Stark open the door." Thor called from the other side.

"Thor for the love of god please let me sleep."

"I'll break the door." Thor mocked in a sing song voice.

"Fine fine it's unlocked."

"Morning mini Stark."

"Morning Thor."

"Your father would like you in his office."

"And I would like to be sleeping Thor."

"I shall take you to him." He shouts triumphantly picking me up and throwing me over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes.

"Thooorrr." I whine. "I was so peaceful."

Thor deposited me in my dad's office.

"By mini Stark." He shouted already heading down the hall.

"Dad I love you but what was soooo important you had to wake me up this early in the morning."

"We have to go pick someone up."

"Ooo who is it?"

"A new intern, his name is Calvin Lockhart and he's your age. I want you to show him around and stuff so go get ready we leave in 15."

"Fine fine. Is Pepper coming?"

"Nope just you and I. We can go get breakfast first if you'd like."

"Ummm of course."

"Alright be in the car in ten."

"Will do."

I put on a light hoodie and some sweats before hopping into the car with dad. We stop to get some breakfast at a local diner and head over to Calvin's address.

"Don't scare him off alright Jr."

"What do you mean?" I ask incredulously.

"I've been told that it's not me people need to worry about, it's my judgemental and stubborn 16 year old." He smirks.

"Mmhm sure. But you wouldn't trade me for anything would you?" I say with just as big of a smirk.

"Yeah I would."

My confident façade dropped, "what?"

"Joking joking. Jr I wouldn't trade you for anything. I'm sorry I was just joking. I love you 3000." He whispers pulling me into a hug.

"Love you too dad."

"Alright let's go get Calvin."

Dad approached the door and knocked three times before taking a step back.

A small women greeted us at the door.

"Hi what can I do for you?" She asked.

"Hi my name is Tony Stark and I'm here to actually talk about your son Calvin. He's been accepted into our internship program. I'd like to take him to tour the compound if that's alright with you?"

"Oh that's amazing new I'll grab him right now."

Not long after a tall and slender boy with blonde hair and striking green eyes appeared in front of us.

"Hi I'm Calvin, Calvin Lockhart." He timidly held out his hand for dad to shake.

"I'm obviously Tony Stark and this is my daughter Jr, who will be giving you your tour around the place."

"Hi." I say reaching out my hand.

"Alright Mrs. Lockhart I'll have him home by nine." Dad says smiling.

"Oh thank you so much Mr. Stark." She calls waving from the front door. "Calvin behave and I'll see you tonight."

"Alright bye mom."

Three simple words, but they stung so much. I can't remember the last time I was able to say that to my mom. I would give anything to see her another day. 

Dad and I climbed into the front seat while Calvin got situated in the back.

"Alright Calvin take the 20 minute ride to prepare yourself because being my intern is no easy task understand?"

"I'll do my best Mr. Stark."

"I'm sure you will Lockhart."