Chapter 27

Both Bucky and Steve watched as I made my way back upstairs to my room. Once I was finally in the safety of my own bedroom I broke down. My entire body was in pain and I knew I would most likely have to meet up with Rumalow again until I could find a better way to get rid of him.

I looked at the clock and saw it was already almost 5 in the morning. I had agreed to train with Peter and I also had to take Calvin back to his house at 8.

I closed my eyes attempting to succumb to the intense exhaustion my body was feeling. I knew I was never going to get the amount of sleep that I should but anything at this point would be greatly appreciated.

"Jr wake up! We gotta go! I'm supposed to be home around 8!" Calvin shouted shaking my shoulders.

"M up Cal. I'm up." I mumbled climbing out of bed. "Where are my-?"

"Keys are right here Jr. and here's your hoodie and shoes are by the door."

"Thanks Calvin. Alright let's go."

I was able to drop Calvin off right before 8 before speeding back home to the tower. I quickly changed into some workout gear before sprinting into the gym.

"I know I know I'm late. I'm sorry Peter I had to drop Calvin off."

"Oooh your boyfriend." Peter mocked in a high pitched voice.

"I'll make you pay for that one Parker."

"Sure you will. You couldn't hurt me if you tried. You love me too much."

"I know. I really do love you though. You're my family and my best friend. You mean the world to me. Just know that I love you ok?"

"JJ I know you love me, I love you too. Whats wrong J. You're not usually one for sentiment. Are you ok?" I just nod and pull him into a tight hug. He relaxes into the hug and after spending some time in his embrace I jab at his side when he had his guard down.

"Heyyy, no fair!" He whined as he backed up.

"Never get distracted Parker."

After over an hour of training with Peter I decided to call it quits being utterly exhausted.

"Jr come here!" Sam calls from the kitchen. He Clint, Steve and Bucky were all playing what looked to be an intense game of uno.

"Sit down." Sam pulls me down onto the bench next to him. The bench is extremely uncomfortable and the sudden impact makes me flinch...but they don't notice.

"What's up Sam?"

"Alright when playing uno, when someone has to pick up card, like pick up 2 or pick up 4, is that their entire turn? Or do they get to put down another card?" Sam asked. He made it seem like his entire life depended on my opinion.

"Sam that's obvious, if you have to pick up cards do a pick # card that's your turn. End of story." I stated.

"WHAT?!" He screamed. "Nononono I get to put a card down!" He whined helplessly.

"We all tried to tell him." Clint reasons but Sam was having none of it.

"You guys are ganging up on me. I can tell." Sam argued.

"Sam nobody is trying to gang up against you." Steve laughed continuing the game.

Sam just pouted like the toddler he is. At one point I looked at his hand just out of curiosity but that ended unexpectedly.

"Jr. Stark don't look at my cards." Sam swats my hand away.

"Sam I'm not even playing dude."

"You better not be a spy."

"Sam you're such a child." I laugh.

"You know what Jr." Sam pushed me further down the bench but accidentally pushed me too hard sending me falling of the bench and landing on unforgiving tile.

"Jr I'm so sorry I didn't mean to push you that hard."

"You ok there Jr?" Clint asked helping me back up.

"Yeah I'm good, thanks Clint. I'm gonna head into the shower and then probably get some more sleep."

"Alright by traitor. Sam shouted.

Once in the bathroom I rid myself of my shirt seeing the dark bruises form on my stomach. I spent as little time as possible looking into the mirror before getting into the physical shower.

Within 20 minutes I was showered, changed and ready to take a 3 day long nap. I called Bear up onto the bed and snuggled with him until I fell asleep.

"Jr, wake up. Jr wake up kid."
"Dad?"
"Yeah it's me. Come down and join us for dinner. You haven't had much all day."

I followed dad down to the kitchen and tried to find a seat that I was able to deem comfortable enough. Unfortunately none of the kitchen seats were comfortable. I bit my tongue the entirety of dinner and only spoke when I absolutely had to. It was absolutely miserable.

This continued for weeks. I had to continually sneak out of the house to meet Rumalow's demands and keep my family safe. Each meeting seem to get more extreme and I tried to tell dad, I really did, but I could never seem to find the right words.

It was an ordinary sneaking back into my bedroom window kind of night when I was interrupted.

"Kind of late to be out isn't it?" Peter asked from my bed.

"Holy shit Peter don't do that!" I yelled throwing a notebook at him.

"What we're you doing out? And don't you dare say visit Cal because I've already called him and he said you weren't there."

"I was just hanging with a friend for a bit that's all."

"Jr you better tell me what's going on or I will get Mr. Stark."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Jr every time you come back you're not yourself. You're always on edge for a few days and extremely jumpy. I hate having to watch my best friend suffer like that. So tell me right now, where were you?"

"I told you I was just out visiting someone."

"Who?"

"That's none of your business Peter."

"Friday get Mr. Stark." Peter announced.

"PETER! WHAT THE HELL!"

"Jr I'm doing this to protect you." He explained.

"Hey Parker what's up?" Dad asked strolling through the door.

"Mr stark Jr has been sneaking out recently and more and more often. She won't tell me where she's going and I've noticed she's extremely jumpy and on edge days after she returns. I'm worried for her."

"Jr is this true?"

"No dad, Peter is literally just pulling this out of his ass."

"Jr I have a hard time believing that. Peter why don't you give us a sec."

Peter doesn't hesitate to bolt from my room back into his.

"Tell me where you were Jr."

"I can't dad."

"Oh and why not. I don't care if your so called friends get in trouble. Where have you been going and who have you been seeing."

"Just some friends dad it's not a big deal."

"BIG DEAL. You're a 16 year old girl on the streets of New York alone at night and you don't think that's a big deal. You're grounded for 2 weeks, no going out at all and I will be having Friday monitor you constantly."

"But-"

"No buts Jr. if you can't tell me the truth I can't give you the privilege of going out. I'll see you in the morning. Get some sleep."