Chapter 19

"Ahh back so soon soldat. Did you complete your mission." Pierce asks.

"ANSWER ME!"
"No sir."
"AND WHY NOT?" Slap.
"I was compromised sir."
"THATS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH ANSWER!" Slap.
"You know what happens when you fail a mission not only once but TWICE!" Slap.
"Yes sir."
"And that would be?" Slap.
"Death." I mumble.
"Normally yes. But I've got something better, believe me you're going to wish you were dead." He says sneering.

The next thing I see is the chair. I hated that chair, it only ever brought pain and misery. Before I can register what is happening I'm ties at the wrist up to the wall high enough that my feet barely skim the floor.

I hear the crackle of the electricity from the shock baton as it's suddenly jabbed into my ribs causing me to writhe in pain. I don't give him the satisfaction of screaming. Then I feel the tip of a blade poke the first layer of skin just above my stomach, Pierce then slowly drags it down my torso earning a scream of pain from me.

Then repeated blows to the head as agents took turns using me as a punching bag. I couldn't see out of my left eye, I definitely broke at least 3 ribs and probably have sprained or broken something else. The cuts I received weren't deep enough to make me bleed out quickly but they hurt just as badly. Someone even went as far as shooting my leg and I heard the crack of my femur as the bullet ripped through it effortlessly. I screamed for my Dad, for Peter, for Bucky for the team, for anyone to save me from this hell hole.

"Nobody is coming Soldat, you have nobody. You're a monster, they don't want to be associated with you now. You're basically dead to them. Like you never existed." Pierce said way too happily. "Or like they never existed."
Pierce pulls up a screen showing a live feed of the compound. Next to the screen I see a tiny timer that has a little under 3 minutes left.

"When that timer runs out the entire compound will blow. It will finish the mission you were never able to. It won't be as fun, however this will do the job too."

I continued to scream for the team although they wouldn't be able to hear my warnings. The timer slowly ran down causing me to get more nauseous be the second.

"Ready Soldat, 3...2...1"

I jolt upright in a cold sweat breathing heavily. My cheeks are wet from crying and my entire body is shaking. The room is spinning and I can't help but feel like something or someone is trying to choke me. I try to calm myself enough to fight off the panic attack but my attempts are useless.

I sit on my bed for 10 minutes struggling to breathe and shaking profusely.

"Miss Stark, who shall I call?" Jarvis asks.

I look over at the clock and see it's only 2:38 in the morning. Nobody was up, I would normally just go to Bucky but he's currently unavailable.

"N-no Jarv."
"Are you sure miss? You seem to be suffering from a severe panic attack?"
"I'm okay Jarvis."

Once I got my breathing and shaking body under better control I carefully made my way down to the gym. I put my earbuds in and starting punching and kicking the punching bag.  I didn't bother to wrap my knuckles and I was too busy to notice anyway.

I continuously hit the bag in the same spot repeatedly. The skin on my knuckles split from the repeated beating of the bag. I was so focused on what I was doing I didn't even see my dad and Steve enter the gym.  Steve moved the punching bag off of the hook but before I even realized it I punched him right in the stomach earning a muffled groan. 

"Steve, oh god I'm sorry Steve."
"Hey it's okay. Why are you down here so early?"
"Yeah and what happened to your knuckles?" Dad asks reaching for my arm. He picked up my hand and grazed his thumb over the bleeding knuckles

"The punching bag happened I guess. I need to get in the shower so I'll just get going." I say trying to walk away but as I do Dad grabs me by the elbow.

"What's going on Jr?" Dad asks concerned.

"Nothing I just woke up early and couldn't really fall back asleep. So I decided to train." I said as calmly and convincingly as possible.

"I know that's not true but let's at least wrap your knuckles first." Dad bargains.

I sat on the hospital bed while dad and Steve tended to my knuckles. A few of the required stitches which dad quickly dealt with.

"Be careful kiddo." Dad says kissing my bandaged knuckles and heading out leaving Steve and I alone.

"What happened Jr?"
"I told you, the punching bag happened."
"Cmon why were you down there so early? The truth please."
"I woke up and couldn't fall asleep." It technically wasn't a lie.
"Why did you wake up?"
"I don't know Steve. Now if you're done playing 20 questions I have a shower to get to."
"Ok go ahead." He says stepping out of the way and leaving.

I hopped in the shower turning the temperature all the way up. My skin started to burn bright red as each little droplet hit my skin but I didn't care.

When I finished my shower I threw on a loose t shirt and some sweat pants before throwing my hair up and heading towards Bucky's room. I sat right next to his bed slowly but surely loosing it.

I grabbed his hand tracing little random patter on the back of it praying to god that he would wake up.