Chapter 20

"Bucky I need you to wake up. Please." I beg with tears in my eyes. "And Steve needs you. Nat does. Sam does, hell even my dad does. Please just come back."

I slowly starts to drift off next to Bucky's bed but when I wake up I'm no longer in his room. I'm in my own.

"I thought you'd never get up." Peter says chuckling from the bean bag.

"How long have you been here Pete?" I ask rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Not that long. How are you?"

"I'm fine. How's Bucky? Why am I here?"

"Bruce had to take some vitals and reevaluate something. I don't really know it's medical stuff but Steve brought you back to your room. And I've been waiting for you to wake up since."

"He hasn't woken up yet, has he?" I asks trying not to get my hopes up.

"Unfortunately no, but Bruce says he should be waking up shortly. In the mean time why don't we go take a walk? Bear needs to get out anyway."

"And before you can say anything, I'm not taking no for an answer." He says smiling.

"Fine fine let's go." I say grabbing a light hoodie.

Peter and I walk Bear around the park for over an hour. I'll admit the distraction was nice.  We even stopped for ice cream on the way home.

"We probably should get going soon Jr."

"I know but it's so nice out here." I practically whine.

We walk back to the compound occasionally saying hi to a young fan or trying to trip each other up.

When we get back to the compound I once again retreat to my room. I got in the shower and immediately after collapsed on my bed exhausted.

Knock knock

"Who is it?" I ask sitting up slightly.

"The best avenger." Peter says hopefully.

"I wouldn't say the best avenger." I argue and I can hear him whine on the other side of the door.

"Just come out here please?" He begs. I get up and open the door allowing Peter in.

"Come on." He says grabbing my head and leading me up to the roof. He covers my eyes while guiding me out the door so I couldn't see the surprise.

"Ta daaa!" He says excitedly lifting his hands off my face. On the roof Peter placed down a large mat with a couple of oversized bean bags, blankets, a large projector and a sheet hanging with more junk food than my dad has suits.

"I know you haven't really been feeling all that great lately so I thought we could have a Harry Potter marathon." He says nervously blushing. "It's a really nice night and it's still warm out. If it's too much we don't have to-"

I cut him off with a huge hug and a kiss to his cheek. "Peter this is amazing." I say breathless.

"I'm glad you like it. Cause that would be embarrassing if you didn't." He says laughing slightly.

We settled down into our seats as the familiar notes of the Harry Potter intro song echoed across the rooftop. Peter had thought of everything, literally everything. He had any kind of snack or drink I could've wanted, plenty of wipes and napkins so we wouldn't get sticky from the candy, blankets for if there was a breeze, pillows in case we needed to adjust and a dog bed for Bear if he chose to join us. I thought that was adorable.

After finishing the first two movies Peter ended up spilling soda all over his bean bag. A string of low curses flew out of his mouth while I just laughed.

"Don't tell Mr. Rogers I said that. Please?" He begs.

"I don't know, I'll make a decision in a bit." I say opening my arms for Peter so sit with me.  We both adjust under the blanket. My head is resting on his shoulder and he's resting his chin on top of my head.

We made it through the entirety of Order of the Phoenix before we both passed out. I was too tired and well beyond caring that we were still outside.

When I woke up in the morning I was still snuggled up next to Peter. I closed my eyes again relishing the fact I woke up naturally and not from a nightmare.

I fell back asleep and didn't wake again until I heard faint shouting from the distance.

"ON YOUR LEFT!" I heard Steve shout as he easily pulled ahead of Sam who was desperately trying to keep up.

"NO FAIR YOURE A SUPER SOLDIER!" He whines while still trying to catch up to Steve.

"Morning Jr." Peter mumbles stretching his arms.
"Hey Pete. " I stretch and get up causing Peter to whine at the loss of warmth and contact.

"YOU KNOW THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO WAKE UP!" I yell at Sam and Steve.

"TOO BAD!" Sam yells still pissed that Steve was winning.

"Breakfast time!" Peter shouts jumping up excitedly. "What do we want, French toast, waffles, pancakes, muffins?"

"I'm still full from last night." I lied as convincingly as I could.

"Well I ate more than you so you should be hungry." He quips.

"Fast metabolism Peter." I remind him and his mouth slowly falls into an "o"

"Well I'm making muffins if you want any." He says cheerily.

"You're making muffins?"
"Well more like Wanda will make them for me but it's the thought that counts."

When we get back inside the first thing I do is go to check on Bucky. He's still in his coma and that isn't about to change any time soon. I take a seat in the bean bag I have in his room and wait patiently for anything to change. The continuous beep became more calming than annoying as I stared intently at the screen. I was in for a long day.