Chapter 12

I woke up about 6:30 in the morning from the crack of lightening. Bucky was slowly starting to stand up from his spot on the couch.

"Mornin doll."
"Hey Bucky."
"I'm going to go train with Steve, get some more sleep." He says kissing my forehead before leaving. I let the soft pitter patter of the rain lull me back to sleep.

I'm woken up by Bear smothering me with his paws notifying me that it was in fact time to start the day. I get up throwing on some sneakers before heading outside with Bear.

"It's raining Bear hurry up!" I shout as I wait for him to come back inside. Bear being the character he is stopped at every tree and sniffed it leisurely, he circles the yard a couple of times and rolled in a fresh puddle of mud. Eventually after berating him for long enough he finally chose a spot to do his business. I waste no time ushering him into the bathroom so I can bathe him.

"Miss Stark your father would like to see you in the dining room." Jarvis explains over the noise of the shower.

"Tell him I'll be down in 10."
"Yes ma'am."

I quickly finish Bear's bath and clean everything up before heading towards the dining room. My face drop once I see who's waiting for me.

"Good morning Jr." Pepper says sweetly.
"Mornin, dad you needed me?"
"I would like you to have breakfast with us." He explains. I very slowly lower myself into the chair making sure to avoid eye contact with everyone.

"Jr, sweetie." Pepper starts before I cut her off.
"Just Jr, please."
"Okay well your father and I can see you're not happy with our relationship. Can you please just tell me what's bothering you? I want to try and fix it."

"Pepper please, I'm almost 17, I'll be leaving the house in just over a year and then we won't have to worry about this so please just don't try to form a relationship, it'll benefit all parties involved."
"Jr, you can't just wait for the next 15 months to show up, let's try to fix the problem and make it work." Dad explains being the voice of reason in the moment.

"No that's the problem, Pepper can't fix the problem. She can't just walk in and suddenly act like she's mom."
"Mission briefing with director Fury Mr and Miss Stark." Jarvis announces before dad can even respond.

I leave the dining room and head towards the conference room to find everyone waiting.

"What's the mission today pirate?" I ask Fury smiling.

"Don't call me pirate, and we're taking down a hydra base."
"Ooh fun!"
"Jr just sit down please and wait for your father so we can get this on the road."

Dad walks in seconds later.
"Nice of you to finally join us Stark."
"Yeah yeah I'm here so let's gets this over with."

Fury gives everyone the details of the mission and we're suited up and on the quinjet ready to leave.

"Jr you're not coming." Dad says.
"What no fair? Yes I am."
"No Jr, I don't want you coming."
"Why not?!"
"Does a concussion ring a bell?"
"I'm not staying home dad I'm going."
"Jr."
"I'm going."

I walk over next to Steve and strap myself in. Dad just huffs in frustration and sits down. We arrive just outside the base in a few hours.

Everyone splits up into their teams and assumes position. Peter and I start to enter the base with Steve and Nat following closely behind. We clear out the base in no time since there was barely anyone inside.

"Steve aren't there supposed to be more hydra agents?" I ask.
"Yeah there should be, I don't know what's going on."

"GUYS GET OUT OF THERE!" Dad yells over the coms. "ITS A TRAP GET OUT."

We all rush out towards the door only to find it locked.
"Stark this door is locked!" Steve yells.
"Ok head to your left there should be another exit."
"Found it!" Steve yells.

I run towards the door when I'm pulled back by something, or rather someone. I feel some sort of towel over my face and the smell of chemicals greets my nose. I black out before I can see anything else.

Tony POV

"Guys come on get on the jet." I tell ushering everyone on. "Rogers where's Jr?"

"She was right behind me. She couldn't have gone far. Jr?" Steve starts panicking. "Jr where are you?"

"What the hell Rogers, that's my daughter you lost!"

"Tony I'm, I'm so sorry." Steve stutters, "don't leave yet I'm going back in."

"Steven Grant Rogers don't you dare go back in there alone." Bucky lectures him, "I'm coming with let's go."

Bucky grabs Steve by the arm as the two run back out towards the base. They return minutes later with Steve clutching his side.

"Steve what happened?" I asked.
"He got shot, we didn't find Jr. We need to go back home and strategize before trying to get in the base again." Bucky explains.

"Steve you need to lie down." Bruce instructs guiding Steve to a hospital bed.

When the jet lands back at the compound Steve is rushed into surgery with Bruce and his assistant. Everyone else went straight to planning on how to get Jr back.

"Jarvis do you have any location on her?" I ask desperately.

"No sir. I'm sorry."

"Knowing hydra they have already moved her to another disclosed location. We need to find her and fast because that place is just all kinds of wrong." Bucky explains.

"Jarvis work on getting a location of Jr, Bucky and Nat start working with the rest of the team to strategize." I order. "I'll be back, I'm heading to the base to check it out."

"Mr Stark you can't go alone." Peter stammers nervously. I love the kid don't get me wrong but sometimes he's too good at looking out for me.

"I'll be ok Parker just relax."
"Mr Stark you know Jr will kill me when she finds out I let you go alone." He reasons.
"You're a good kid Parker. I'll be back."

I suit up before heading back to the base looking for any signs of Jr. the building was almost entirely unrecognizable. Everything was destroyed, old supplies and furniture thrown around and all valuable files were missing. It looked like a hurricane tore through the place. Rubble and cement bricks were strewn across the halls making it almost difficult to even walk straight. Jarvis scans the rooms looking for any sign of life, and more importantly Jr. We find nothing except a small blood stain on the wall which Jarvis was able to identify it as Jr's.

"Find anything Tony?" Nat asks over the phone.
"Nothing." I mumble.
"We'll find her don't worry. She's a tough kid Tony, hell she's your kid. Stubborn, and independent, she's a strong individual and she'll be ok."
"I'll be home in 20 Nat."
"Ok see you then." She says sadly before hanging up.