Chapter 29

"Hey Jr. it's dad, I know we're on different time zones right now but when you get a chance call me alright. I love you and I'll talk to you soon." Sent 2 hours ago.

I started pacing around my room after listening to the voicemail 3 times, trying to decipher the exact tone of dad. It was borderline angry or guilty and it really could swing either way. My voice of reason argues that I would never know if I didn't call, but then again when did I ever go with the reasonable choice.

"Clint?"

"Yeah?"

"You didn't tell my dad about the other night did you?"

"No of course I didn't. You helped me and I keep my promises. Why do you ask?"

"Dad tried calling me and he left a voicemail and I can't tell if he's angry or guilty. If he somehow found out about the other night he's going to lose his shit."

"Jr I didn't tell him and nobody else was home to witness it. Just call him and if he gives you crap hand the phone to me alright?"

"Alright thanks Clint."

"No problem kid."

I decided the best place to have whatever this conversation was going to be about, was going to be in my room. I sat my phone on my desk and FaceTimed him. Dad and I rarely ever just call with audio. FaceTime makes it more fun and we can see each others reactions to things. Realistically the only time we are apart is on missions.

I waited for him to pick up but he never did. Was he really that mad at me he wouldn't even answer FaceTime. I don't even know what I did since Clint insists that he didn't tell dad. I know lately I haven't been the best behaved and role model child but was I really that bad? I mean come on he's done so much questionable-

Incoming FaceTime From the Original Stark

Dad was the one who created the contact name. Since everyone calls me mini stark he took the liberty to name himself the OG Stark.

I accepted the call, anxiety coursing through my entire body.

"Hey dad, what can I do for you?"

"Well I was just- what's with the face Jr?"

"What face?"

"The face you're making right now. You don't even realizing you're doing it because it's something you automatically do when you get upset so what's up?"

"IthoughtyouweremadatmeandIwasdissapointingyouandinturnmakingyoumad. Somadyoudidntevenwanttoanswermycall." I spilled out in one breath.

Dad just started laughing from the other side of the screen.

"Dad this isn't funny."

"Oh but it is Jr. ok so one you are not disappointing me or making me upset in any way shape or form. Also I didn't answer because I was taking a shit and I figured you would much rather wait until after I left the bathroom."

"Oh thank god. I don't need to be traumatized again. Yes thank you for waiting."

"What do you mean again?" He asks incredulously.

"Do you seriously not remember?"

"No?"

"One night when you got blackout drunk you insisted you weren't going to wear any clothes because it was too restricting. So you literally walked around the house buttass naked until Steve locked you in your room and refused to let you out until you had some clothes on."

Dads face was beet red. "I uh, I don't remember that one."

"Clearly dad." I say laughing.

"How are things going at home?"

"They're good. Clint and I only managed to burn down one oven instead of 3 this time. Which is an improvement."

A look that could only be described at physical pain crossed dad's face. "Wonderful sweetie." He relayed through gritted teeth.

"I'm kidding dad we didn't burn anything down."

"Oh thank god."

"Yet."

"I'm sorry?"

"Nothing." I reply with a smile.

Now seemed like an opportune moment to open up. It was just the 2 of us, but I had no idea where to start. Dad took the initiative I guess.

"Jr?"
"Yeah?"
"I need to ask you a question and I need you to be honest with me."

I could tell where this conversation was leading so I deflected with humor, classic Jr. Stark move.

"Dad I already told you, I absolutely hate the suit you're thinking of. Even though you think it looks good I don't, trust me I'm experienced. I know you want your ass to look nice in suits like Steve, but it's just not gonna happen."

"You're deflecting."
"Am not."
"Are to. Jr I need to know where you were the nights you snuck out, because now that it was mentioned, the example Peter used were all true. I need to know if there's something wrong Jr so I can help you. I know at times I'm not the best dad but I love you so much and I want to make sure you're ok."

"I'm ok dad. I promise."

"I have a hard time believing that."
"You also have a hard time believing that the Red Sox are better than the Yankees."

"Jr I'm tryna to be serious."

"I know I'm sorry, but really I'm fine. How's the mission? Do you guys know when you're coming home?"

"In two days we should be able to leave and go home. So I'll see you Thursday."

"Thursday...Thursday...Thursday, oh! Thursday. Well I'm going to be a lil busy that day so I'll have Clint escort you and your bags to your room."

"I expect you at the launch pad at 8 o'clock sharp missy."

"8 I'll probably be sleeping dad."

"Hey is that Jr! Bucky c'mere Tony has Jr on a FaceTime call!" Steve shouts running into the room with Bucky .

"Hey kiddo!"

"Hi Steve."

"How are you? We all miss you."

"I miss you guys too."

"You're gonna meet us at the launch pad right?"

"Of course!"

"YOU JUST TOLD ME YOUD BE SLEEPING!" dad shouted from behind the screen.

"Well dad it's not every day you have the chance to welcome home not one but two World War 2 veterans."

"Listen Jr, we're gonna have to let you go before your dad blows a fuse. We'll see you soon, bye Jr!"

"By Steve."