Chapter 6

I wake up again around 9, stretching to try and wake myself up a bit. I hear Bucky snoring softly next to me. My stomach growls with the absence of food and I swing my legs over the bed.

"Where do you think you're going?"
"I'm going to get breakfast Bucky, is that a problem?"
"Yeah actually it is, you and I still have to talk and you really shouldn't be out of bed. I'll go get breakfast for you."
I stroll back over to my bed and plop down next to Buck.
"What do you want for breakfast kiddo?"
"Just cereal I guess."
"Okay I'll be right back, don't go anywhere." He warns. 
I lay back down trying to piece together everything that's happened over the past 12 hours. Bucky hasn't mentioned my arms yet so maybe he forgot. It's unlikely but I'm not gonna mention it.  Bucky returns with two bowls of Cheerios, blueberries in his strawberries in mine.
"Thanks Buck."
"Anytime."
We sit in silence as we eat our breakfast. Some people who get concussions lose their appetite and constantly get sick but my appetite decided to stick around. I quickly downed the cereal and my orange juice. Bucky is still eating so I stare to look down and play with my hands. I hear the clink of the spoon against the bowl as Bucky puts his down on the table.
"So..." he starts.
"So what?"
"You know what doll."
"I have no clue what you're talking about." I say forcefully blinking back tears.
"You know exactly what I'm talking about." He carefully grabs my arm and rolls up my sleeve exposing the gauze covering my cuts. He unwraps it to check the progress of my injuries.
"This..." he pauses, "this is what I'm talking about."
"It's nothing Bucky I'm fine."
"Doll it's not nothing. You're hurting yourself, I don't want to ever see you in pain. Please tell me what's going on."
"I-I don't know. It's just everything seems so out of control and I felt numb to everything and I just wanted to feel something again even if it was pain and it was something I had control over too. I didn't tell anyone because I swear I'm not doing it for attention and you know I don't ask for help Bucky."
Bucky remains silent for a minute trying to process everything.

"Doll I'm so sorry I didn't notice it. I should have paid more attention I should have done more to help."
"Bucky you can't really help if you don't know."
"But I did kind of know that's the thing. You've been acting off lately and I thought maybe you were just dealing with something and I know how independent you are. I didn't want to confront you on it directly because that would just turn you away so I tried to push you to tell me on your own, but you didn't. But shit that would have been better than this."
"I'm sorry Bucky. I really am."
"I know you are doll. I know." Bucky pulls me into a hug rubbing my back.
"You know we have to tell your dad right."
"Why Bucky? He has a lot on his plate already and the last thing he needs is to worry about me."
"Jr you're his daughter he would want to know. It's important to let him know you're struggling. He's going to want to help you."
"The more people I tell the more attention seeking it seems, so I'm good."
"Well either you tell him or I will and I know you don't like option number 2."
"Fine fine, I'll tell him but can I think it out first. Please?"
"Today is Friday morning. You have until noon on Monday to tell him or else I will. Deal?"
"Deal." I mumble.
"Ok now go and enjoy the rest of your day."
"Thanks I guess."
"I'll be around if you need anything."
Bucky leaves and I quickly complete my morning routine.
"Mornin Jr." Peter calls from his bedroom door.
"Sup Parker."
"I'm bored let's go take a walk. Pleeeeease?"
"You're lucky I love you Pete." I grab a light jacket and walk with Peter around town. We head to Central Park and sit down to just take in the view. With life being so fast paced Peter and I always love to just take a moment to just relax. Nothing big or dramatic was going on and I loved it. Don't get me wrong I love being with the team and working with them and all but sometimes I just want to be a normal teenager.  Peter and I spent over an hour just sitting at the park and talking. It felt like time stopped. No missions, no worries, no chaos.
"It's getting close to lunch we should probably head back don't you think?" Peter asks.
"I know I know. It's just as soon as we get home it's going to be chaotic and I love our family don't get me wrong it's just a lot sometimes."
"Nah I get it. But just so you know if you ever need anything or just need someone to talk to your best friend lives right down the hall."
"Wait M.J. is moving in! This is so exciting."
"Wow. That's just cold. I guess next time I'll just keep the ice cream."
"Ok ok I'm sorry Peter. You're my best friend. Don't worry I'm not looking for someone else to fill that position ever. Now come here." I open my arms and pull Peter into a hug.  "Let's go home Pete."

I don't even make it 10 feet into the door when my dad is already calling me.
"Jr there is someone I'd like you to meet." He says excitedly grabbing my arm and pulling me to the living room. He accidentally grabbed where I had fresh cuts and I do my best to cover my flinch. Bucky thank god is the only one who notices.

"Jr this is Miss Pepper Potts. Pepper this is my daughter Jr."

"Hi nice to meet you!" Pepper says extending her hand.
"Hi Pepper." I take her hand and shake it. "So dad you're introducing her to me becauseeeee?"
"Well Pepper and I have known each other for a while now and we think it's time to make it official. Pepper and I are now in a relationship!" He says happily.
He sounded so happy. I didn't want to be the reason to bring his mood down.
"Well it was lovely to meet you Miss Potts."
"Oh please just call me Pepper."
"Ok lovely to meet you Pepper, I actually have a few things to catch up on so I'll be upstairs." I do my best to give a realistic smile and head upstairs. I sure was in for a long weekend.