Chapter 5

———————————————————————————
I'm sitting in a dark must room strapped to a chair. Despite my efforts my powers seem useless and I can't move. It's too dark for me to see anything or anyone, I can only hear. Screams of pain and horror fill the mysterious room. My eyes frantically scan the room trying to adjust to the unusually dark setting.

"Miss Stark so glad to finally have you with us." With that the lights flip on and I see some military general standing in front of me a fake devilish smile plastered across his face.

"Who the hell are you? Why the hell am I here?"
"My identity is not of importance and you're here because you're a great asset for our organization."

I look him up and down and a small circular red patch on his suit catches my eye. As I look closer I see the Hydra symbol perched proudly on the front of his jacket. I start to struggle against the straps holding me in place.

"Stop it now soldier!"
"I'm not a soldier. Let me go!"
"And why should I do that? You're are going to become one of the most powerful weapons Hydra has ever had their hands on." His devilish smile reappears on his face. I continue to struggle against the bonding and am rewarded with a hard slap the the face. My nose is now bleeding and bruises are already starting to form.
"Asshole." I mutter.
"What was that?"
"I SAID ASSHOLE! YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE."
Another slap across the face. My nose was broken for sure now and was gushing blood.
"Prep her for memory wipe I don't think we will be getting far at the rate we're going."
"Don't touch me. I swear-"
The agent places his index finger against my lips shushing me. I don't hesitate to bite it breaking the skin and drawing some blood. The agent pulls his finger away instantly and hits me again. He then walks over to a counter and pulls out a large needle filled with some unknown substance. He injects the serum into my arm and my whole body spasms and writhes in pain, fear, and shock. I black out.

The next thing I know I'm sitting back in the same chair with restraints holding me in place.
"Good morning soldier."
I don't respond and give the man a death stare. If only looks could kill.
"Do you remember your name?"
Of course I remember my name what kind of question is that. I start to think about what my name was and realized I...don't...remember?
"You are to now only respond to soldier, do I make myself clear?"
I don't really respond and because of this I receive another sharp blow to my already sore head.
"I SAID DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!" His tone becoming more aggressive and agitated by the second.
"Yes." I grumble.
"Good, now onto your first mission." The agent gives me the overall gist of my "mission" and gave me the coordinates to some building in New York. I'm given everything I need for weapons to complete this mission and it seemed simple enough. Something didn't feel right though, I don't remember spending my life as a soldier.

I arrive to a large looking building that seems to stand out from the rest. A large A is perched on the side of the tower. I find a location to scout out the inhabitants of the building without being caught. A young couple walk out of the building heading to a luxurious limo out front. The couple looked like they were billionaires, dressed fancily and probably headed to some over priced restaurant. Targets acquired. I move closer to the couple's spot. I quietly roll a small handheld bomb under the car causing a huge explosion. The couple jumps back in shock. I very confidently exit my hiding place heading straight towards the couple. They were defenseless. In the process something knocks my face mask exposing my true identity.

"JR?"
"Who the hell is Jr?"
The male partner of the couple walks over to me and I easily throw him against the limo. The female partner screams in shock.
"Jr, please don't hurt him! He's your father...I'm your mother."
"Do it. Beg for your lives but it's not gonna change anything." I hold up some sort of ballistic to her head and pull the trigger...
———————————————————————————
I sit up with tears in my eyes and my heart pounding in my chest.
"Jr what's wrong?"
"B-Bucky...Mom...no, no  please no," I'm hyperventilating on my bed.
"Hey hey look at me." I lift my head to meet Bucky's eyes. "Good job try to focus on me. I'm right here. Breathe in...breathe out...breathe in... breathe out." He continues this pattern until I'm finally calm enough to form coherent sentences.
"Come here kiddo." He pulls me into a hug while I continue to cry into his chest. He's rubbing circles on my back trying to relax me.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
"No." I mumble.
"Okay we don't have to talk about it."  Whenever I would have nightmares or problems as a kid Bucky always seemed to know what to say. I appreciated it but I know his wise words come from painful experience. The sound of his steady heartbeat calms me down even more.
"Hungry Jr?"
"Not really."
"Are you sure?"
"I just need time I guess."
"Take all the time you need but just know when you're ready to talk I'm gonna be here. I'm not leaving this room until you do."
"Thanks Bucky." It's still fairly early in the morning so I pull my blanket back over my shoulders and fall back asleep next to Bucky.