Chapter 31

MASAKIT ANG ulo ni Kreston ng gumising siya. Halos wala siyang tulog dahil sa magdamag na trinabaho niya ang dapat niyang gawin at tapusin.

And he knew it's worth it.

Despite feeling the headache, tiredness, and sleepiness, Kreston pushed himself out of the bed and prepares for the big day.

Aahh... he can't wait to grasp the justice he's been wanting for so many years for his mom and brother. Everything feels lighter now even if he is seething inside.

Matapos maligo at mag-ayos ay tinawagan niya si Riot.

"What is it kuya?" tanong nito matapos sagutin ang tawag niya.

"Are you with Sierra?"

"No— I am on the way..." Sagot nito sa medyo nag-aalangan na boses.

"Is everything okay, Riot?" he asked frowning.

Riot cussed on the other line before answering. "Yeah kuya, I just saw a bunch of annoying idiots."

"Okay..." He trailed then sighed removing the worry he felt for his brother. "Since you're not with Sierra pass my message to her—"

"She has her phone kuya—"

"She doesn't have the software that blocks anybody that would try to track my calls," he interjected.

"You serious you want me to rely your message?" May himig na reklamo sa boses nito.

"Yes," Kreston replied smirking.

Riot sighed. "Fine. Just please kuya don't make it cringy or I'm not gonna rely it to kabute."

Ngumiti si Kreston. "Yeah, just her I love her so much and I miss—"

"Copy kuya, bye."

Kreston shook his head when Riot ended the call just like that without hearing all that he wanted to say to Sierra. But he was just teasing his brother though. But he sure hopes Riot will tell Sierra that he called to say I love you.

Naiiling na lumabas siya ng silid at tahimik na nagpasalamat nang hindi nakita si Sussex. He hopes the woman had enough with his attitude and quit pestering him.

Nagtuloy-tuloy siya sa dining area ng palasyo pero napatigil ng makarinig ng kaguluhan sa parte kung saan ang main door ng palasyo.

Kreston turned around and walked towards the ruckus and saw his father with his wife looking shocked at the open big wooden box that was in front of them.

Nang lumapit pa siya ay nakita niya ang katawan ng pinsan niyang si Leon sa loob ng box. Kreston keeps himself cool despite feeling shocked too at how Leon's face looks. It was badly bruised, black and dark-violet coloured his face, and of course, he surely looked dead.

Damn that Cairn is not someone to mess with, I see.

"Who killed him?" Kalmadong tanong ng ama niya. Nawala na ang bigla sa mukha nito at napalitan na iyon ng galit.

"We are sorry to tell you your highness but we still haven't found who killed Leon," sagot ng lalaking nakaitim na suit. Mukhang kaedaran lang ito ng mga kapatid niya.

Marahas na bumuga ng hangin ang ama niya. "Where is Cairn?"

"We haven't heard from him your highness," sagot ng kasama ng lalaki at naningkit ang mata ni Kreston ng makitang nagsisinungaling ang lalaki base sa paggalaw ng mata nito at hindi derektang pagtingin nito sa ama niya.

His father uttered profanity, loudly and angrily, then his hard eyes darted at him.

"Do you have something to do with this or your fucking adopted brothers Adrian?!" Galit na tanong nito sa kanya.