Chapter 9

IT WAS EIGHT in the morning and Kreston had already started his day in a foul mood. Well, since he woke up this morning he was already in a bad mood.

He's still annoyed that Sierra didn't go with his friends last night when he asked them to pick her up. He didn't want to hasten her to transfer to his house, but after learning about the meet-up with Katana and Cairn, he could not stay idle.

He wanted to go after her and bring her to his house himself after Knox and Greed returned and she was nowhere.

But her word stopped him from doing so. And his brother Riot advised him to let her cool down or Sierra will fume in anger. And Kreston doesn't want that.

"Tell him to jack the fuck off."

Ilang ulit niya nang binalik-balikan ang sinabing iyon ni Knox na pinapasabi sa kanya ni Sierra. Until now he's still shocked and in disbelief. He can't believe he upset her that much that she'd cussed him.

Noong una ayaw niyang maniwala pero dahil kasama nito si Greed na ni minsan ay hindi marunong magbiro o magsinungaling ay naniwala siya.

Nagbuga siya ng malakas, and frustratingly combed his curly hair back that was covering his forehead.

"Coffee milord to better your mood," ani uncle Nolan sa kanya at nilapag sa coffee table ang tasa ng kape.

"Thanks, uncle."

"C'mon milord don't welcome milady with a grumpy face," nangingiti nitong saad.

Maaga pa lang ay ipinasundo niya na ang dalaga para lumipat sa bahay niya. He can't wait for her to be around him. Especially when his mother barred him from shoving away men that will try to court Sierra.

"I'll try, uncle."

Ilang minuto pa ang hinintay niya bago narinig ang pagtigil ng sasakyan. Hindi nagtagal ay pumasok sa bahay si Equinox dala ang isang maleta. Sinundan naman ito ni Blake na kasabay si Sierra.

Kreston grimaced inwardly while looking at Sierra's unhappy face.

Damn!

Mukhang kailangan niyang kalimutan ang inis niya kung ayaw niyang mas lalong magalit sa kanya ang babae.

Binitawan ni Equinox ang maleta ni Sierra na agad ding kinuha ng isang katulong para dalhin sa magiging silid nito.

"Welcome to my house, Sierra," Kreston spoke when the three sat on the sofa.

"Thanks," pormal na sagot nito na hindi tumitingin sa kanya.

Kreston sighed heavily. "Will you two leave us alone," he ordered his two friends. "And thanks."

"Anytime bud," sabay na sagot ng dalawa bago sila iniwan ni Sierra sa sala.

The silence that enveloped the two of them after his friends left is so uncomfortable for Kreston, but he can't find words to begin a conversation. He's afraid that when he talks he'll upset Sierra more.

"Are we not going to work?" tanong nito.

Nakahinga siya ng maluwag nang ito ang unang nagsalita.

"We will but I want to discuss something before we left for office."

"Okay."

Kreston sighed before turning to face Sierra who was sitting about two feet away from him.

"I'm sorry for being an arse yesterday."

Biglang tumingin sa kanya ang dalaga at mukhang hindi nito inaasahan ang paghingi niya ng paumanhin.

But he has to. Kreston can't take it seeing Sierra looking so unhappy. He knew her and she's the jolly type and he want that one. Not this serious and unhappy Sierra.