Chapter 36

"HAVE A sit Mr and Mrs Crown," anang doktora na pinuntahan nila ni Kreston.

Hinawakan ni Sierra ang balikat ni Kreston at marahan itong hinila pababa. "Misis Crown daw sungit. Hoota advanced si Doc, friends ko na siya," bulong niya kay Kreston.

Nakagat nito ang pang-ibabang labi dahil sa sinabi niya bago sumubsob sa gilid ng leeg niya at itinago ang pagtawa nito.

"You're really adorable. I just love it very much," balik na bulong nito sa kanya bago tumayo ng tuwid at sumeryoso.

Napangiti na lang si Sierra bago sila lumapit ni Kreston sa harapan ng mesa ng doktora at naupo.

"So what can I do for the two of you?" Tanong nito habang nakangiti sa kanila.

"I want to know how dangerous pregnancy is for my wife," Kreston spoke seriously while holding her hand. "She lost her mom shortly after giving birth caused by postpartum eclampsia— the diagnosis was based on the symptoms her mother had before she died."

Tumango ang doktor at tipid na ngumiti. "Well, I can't tell you how dangerous it would be for your wife or if she'd get it at all. Postpartum eclampsia is not inherited yet can affect various member in the family. So, it does not mean that your wife's mother died from the condition she would fall the same way or get it too," she paused, "and now medicine and technology is way more advance. than two decades ago. We could monitor her throughout her pregnancy and make sure she's not showing any symptoms of pre-e. And after childbirth, monitoring will be a must to make sure of her safety Mr Crown."

The doctor smiled at her and it was a hopeful one. "We just have to pray you don't developed preeclampsia earlier of your pregnancy because we would have to deliver your baby as soon as possible."

Kinabahan si Sierra sa sinabi ng doktora. "How early in pregnancy does preeclampsia occurs doc?"

"Twenty weeks. And most mommies deliver their baby before thirty-four weeks of their pregnancy when they developed pre-e. But don't worry, okay? You're in good shape and your age is very good time for pregnancy and pre-e is not an inherited condition. So, that lessen your risk of developing it. You two should also remember medicine has evolved and developing steadily. You may have lost your mom two dacades ago because of scarcity of advanced medical treatment but in today's world, it's not a problem anymore as long as patient is monitored and treated the first onset of the symptoms," mahabang paliwanag nito na nagpabawas ng pag-aalala ni Sierra.

"I would like you to be my wife's doctor throughout her pregnancy would it be possible?" Tanong ni Kreston.

Ngumiti ang doktora at tumango.

"It would be my pleasure to be a part of your pregnancy journey Mr and Mrs Crown."

"Good, it's settled then," ani Kreston.

Tumingin sa kanya ang doktora. "If ever you want to know if you're already preggy," she paused and handed her a box of pregnancy test, "use this. And for healthier start of pregnancy I would like you to start taking folic acid..."

Nagpatuloy ito sa pagdidikta ng mga dapat niyang gawin at inumin at masipag din nitong sinagot lahat ng tanong niya. Samantalang seryosong nakikinig lang si Kreston.

"Tawagan niyo lang ako pagnakabuo na kayo," bilin nito.

Napaisip si Sierra. "Paano pala kung hindi?" Biglang tanong ni Sierra.

"Don't you have faith on my f-cking ability and semen, doudou?" Kreston asked in disbelief.

Umawang ang labi niya sa tanong ni Kreston.

"Sungit!" Naiieskandalo na saad dito.

Natawa ang doktora.

"Have faith on your reproductive system Mrs Crown and of course," the doctor paused, "to his ability and semen," walang ano na saad ng doktora na nangingiti.