Chapter 11: Telling Hunter

It felt like I had just closed my eyes when I heard a knock on my door. I groaned to myself as my eyes opened slowly. As I sat up, I glanced outside my window to see the stars of the night sky. Damn. I must have slept for a few hours. Another knock sounded at my door and I sighed. Groggily, I stood up and walked to the door to see the Beta female who showed me to the cafeteria the day before standing there, smiling sweetly.

"Alpha Hunter has asked you to join the pack for dinner! We're having steak today!" she said, her voice and emotions high with excitement and happiness. The thought of a juicy, medium rare steak made my stomach growl with hunger. The Beta heard it and giggled.

"Follow me." She walked off, forcing me to follow behind. When we reached the cafeteria, we made our way to where the chef was offering thick cuts of steak to the other wolves. My tail had been wagging before I even entered the room and now that I was so close, my mouth practically melted. I smelt every seasoning on the steak when he handed me my plate. I thanked him and walked over to the table I sat at before, not daring to look at the table were Hunter was, but I felt his eyes on me ever since I walked in. After I sat down, I dug in and I swear I had never tasted anything so heavenly! I made a mental note to one day help the chef with something. Maybe help clean the dishes after a dinner?

While I ate, my mind traveled back to the incident that morning. I knew my anger had gotten the best of me. It always did. But for some reason, I felt bad for threatening Hunter after my...episode. Well, I guess I had to tell him eventually but why did I have to tell him so soon? I guess if I controlled my anger better, I would have been able to put it off for a lot longer. As much as I hated the idea, I had to tell him why I behaved so irrationally. I sighed and looked at a nearby table where 3 Omegas were having a good laugh. I listened to their conversation as I finished my food then as I was walking to put my dishes away, I stopped by their table. They instantly went silent, staring at me. I leaned down slightly next to an Omegas ear.

"Tell your Alpha to meet me on the training grounds." I ordered before walking away, putting my plate in the stack before leaving the area. I could have talked to him in the cafeteria but it was easy to overhear a conversation like I did with the Omegas and I wanted to talk with him privately. My room might have been another good option but I needed all the fresh air I could get. Besides, after I talk with him, I didn't know if he would attack me or not and if he did, I would need the space to properly get away. My room was too closed in to fight and even if I managed to leave my room after a battle with him, he was still an Alpha who had wolves who were willing to protect him. If I started a fight, everyone would hear and rush to watch and if I beat him and tried to run away, they would either be too scared to do anything or run after me. I didn't want to waste more energy than I needed to.

As I walked outside, the sounds of the forest night echoed around me. Crickets chirped in the forest and there was the occasional owl hooting in the dark but all that calmed me. I always felt alive when I heard the sounds of the night. The forest seemed more alive at night, which might explain why I feel the same.

As expected, it didn't take long for Hunter to come outside. I kept my back to him, focusing more on the sounds around me than the sounds of his footsteps against the grass. When he got close enough, I raised my hand to my side and I heard his footsteps cease. I could feel his eyes on me, studying me critically.

"Look, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here and say that you still want me around. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted me to leave, considering what I am." I said. I could barely hear the whimper for Hunter's throat.

"Why would I want you to leave?! You're my mate! I need you!" he said. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

"Because no one wants the werewolf who has a demon in their head."