Chapter 16: Let the meeting commence.

We spent about 3 hours talking with the locals, me playing with the pups, and eating (cause in all honesty, who doesn't love to eat?). After a while, Hunter pulled out his watch, which I didn't know he had on him, and sighed.

"I'm sorry to cut this short, Si, but I need to go have my meeting with the other Alphas. I know I already asked this but do you still want to go? You don't have to if you don't want to." I smiled.

"I want to Hunter. I need to meet other Alphas to see if the members from my father's pack are still alive, especially my siblings. I need to know if their still alive." I said. Hunter seemed confused but smiled and nodded.

"And I'll help in any way I can to help. My pack isn't the strongest one out there or the most feared but we have strong alliances with other packs. Before I took control of the pack, the previous Alpha had thought he could do things by himself so he wasn't interested in alliances with other packs. After I defeated him in combat, the first thing I did was forge the alliances we have today." I smiled as I felt my tail wag a little.

"You never told me you fought for your position. I thought you were born into it." He chuckled.

"Nope, I was a Beta before I took this position." I felt the pride of his actions flow around me and my smile widened. He was prideful that he was able to change his pack for the better. I knew that the wolves he ruled over loved him dearly. Every time I even walked into the cafeteria, I notice wolves looking at their Alpha or talking to him directly and I always felt respect and love from them. Not the romantic kind of love, but the kind if love you have for an older brother or father.

We started walking to a big building near the center of the town. It was made of brown brick with windows on the side, potted red geranium flowers growing in front of them. Beautiful red rose bushes grew in bigger pots on each side of the door. Above the door, a sign in light green read 'Town Hall'. It looked like a normal building like the ones around it but then again, that's all you really need. It's not like anyone lived there. Hunter walked up the few steps to the door and turned to me.

"I wanted to ask you first but would it be ok if I introduced you as my mate?" He paused for a moment before continuing. "And would you like me to tell them about your rank?" he asked in a softer tone and my eyes widened. I smiled.

"Of course." He smiled as his tail wagged. He opened the door and bowed in a playful but respectful manner.

"Ladies first." I chuckled and thanked him as I walked inside. Inside was just an open space. Three females and two males sat at a long table with an open seat at the head of the table, probably for Hunter. Hanging on the wall behind each wolf were long banners to represent the pack they led. As soon as Hunter had opened the door, all the heads in the room turned to him, confusion surrounding me. I walked in and Hunter followed behind me, closing and locking the door behind him. Finally, he turned to the wolves at the table.

"Everyone, I have an announcement!" He gently grabbed my hand like he did when he introduced me to the town. "I'd like you all to meet my mate and Alpha of the Blood Moon pack!" Mass surprise radiated off them as they gasped and their ears pricked up in interest. They watched us as Hunter made his way to his seat and I stood behind him. The closest male stood up and clapped him on the shoulder, grinning.

"Congrats, pup!" He said, chuckling. He was about Hunter's height, maybe a little taller, with short blonde hair, blue highlights streaking his bangs. His eyes were a nice hazel color. He was dressed in a T-shirt with printed-on claw marks going in a diagonal line from his chest to his stomach and a pair of jeans to match. His build was buff so I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter had a slight sting from his slap on the back. Hunter chuckled and looked at him, smiling.

"Thanks, Jason and I'm not a pup anymore! I've been an Alpha for 3 years now!" Jason laughed.

"Until a new Alpha appears, you'll always be a pup." He glanced at me and I narrowed my eyes slightly. "Though, now that she is here, I guess you speak true, Hunter." He took a step closer to me and I growled.

"Not another step." I growled through my teeth. Jason's eyes widened on surprise but Hunter looked up at me and reached out to gently take my hand, instantly calming me down.

"He means no harm, Si." He smiled at me reassuringly and I sighed before looking at Jason.

"I'm sorry I just...have trust issues." Jason nodded and backed up a bit.

"My apologies. I was unaware and will keep that in mind." he said, bowing respectfully to me. I relaxed and sighed.

"It's fine. You didn't know." He straightened and nodded to me before going back to his seat. Hunter smiled at me, squeezing me hand before releasing it and looking at the other Alphas. Seriousness flowed off him as he linked his fingers together.

"This meeting is now in motion. Anything new?"