Chapter 30: Thoughts

(Hunter's POV)

I slowly opened my eyes to feel a cold and wet fabric on my head. I tried to slowly sit up but I soon felt a hand press down on my chest.

"Sir, I don't think that would the best idea." It took me a moment to figure out that it was the voice of Lilith who spoke. I tried to speak but my throat felt dry. I slowly moved my arm to point to my throat. A few moments later, Lilith had propped me up and got me to drink a few sips of water. My throat felt so much better. I gave them a minute to heal before trying to speak.

"Si...ren?" I rasped. Lilith's ears went down as she averted her gaze away from me.

"We can't find her." I turned my head to see Lupa leaning against the closed door to my room. It took me a moment to process her words before my ears went down.

"Wh..at?" I tried to raise my voice but my sore throat refused to allow it. Lupa kicked herself off the door and walked over to sit beside her mate.

"My sister is MIA (MIA=Missing In Action for those who don't get it). We have no idea where she could be. I tried to connect to her demon using my own passenger but I can't reach anything or anyone." she said. Her words sent me into a slow panic. Was she hurt? Was she dead? What happened to my strong and independent mate?

"How...long?" I asked. Lupa seemed to think about this before looking back at me.

"About two and a half weeks, sir." My ears lowered more. Siren could be badly hurt or worse and I wouldn't know it. I know that she's capable for many things but power isn't everything. Something could have happened that her powers couldn't save her from. I turned my head to my window. I could see the the sun was already setting, casting the sky to a bright orange color. It must have been clear the I was worried because I felt Lupa's hand grip mine.

"She will be ok. She may be hardheaded but she's trained herself to survive. She will be fine." she said reassuringly. I smiled a little, but honestly, I felt anything but reassured. Don't get me wrong, I trust my mate to survive on her own, but what if she forgets about me? About the wolves of the pack? About everything she had done while she was here? I remember how she was before she came here...I don't know how I would feel if I had to help her remember everything we had. I asked Lupa and Lilith to leave so soon enough I was left alone with my thoughts and the view of the outdoors, the sun now completely down and the stars starting to faintly shine in the sky. A few hours later \, I managed to get some sleep, unknowing of what is to come in the future.