Chapter 19: Attack from the shadows

(A/N: This will be a short chapter. Sorry, guys but I think you'll think this chapter.)

(Siren's POV)

My head snapped in the direction for the sound, my eyes narrowed in concentration. At first, I didn't see anything before I noticed about 4 sets of glowing white eyes in the shadows of the trees. I felt my body tense, feeling like I needed to run but I stayed, watching them. They seemed to be studying me and Hunter. Some seemed to tilt their heads due to their eyes tilting. Suddenly, they all straightened and their eyes started glowing red as they slowly turned to me. I felt my back tighten as I lowered my ears.

"Hunter" I said quietly. "I need you to leave...now. I don't think that you need to be around when something happens." I sensed his anger as he turned his head to me.

"No way, Siren! We don't know anything about these things! You could get hurt!" he replied, his worry clear in his voice. I sighed.

"Hunter, now is not the time for you to play the knight in shining armor!" I yelled. The demons must have sensed our anger at each other because they charged at us. I barely had time to finish my sentence before I had to deflect an attacking shadow with a wall of flames. I heard Hunter turn into his wolf form as he started growling and I sighed.

I thought this would happen. It was another reason why I left so early in the morning. I wanted to try and find at least one shadow demon. That was why I was training, So that way, I could be as loud as I wanted without worrying about the other wolves from the pack house. The problem was that I didn't want it to happen in this situation with demons who could potentially hurt or kill either of us. I didn't know how to protect the both of us. I made the flaming wall surround us to block off any attackers.

"Daemon, I need you to tell them off!" I thought.

"Are you sure about this, Siren? You know you'll pass out if I take control." he said and I almost growled aloud.

"I DON'T CARE! I NEED TO PROTECT HUNTER!" I mentally yelled back. I felt his shock at my words then they seemed to soften?

"You must really like him...fine I'll help but you owe me." I felt his power build in me, forcing his voice through me. I let him and my vision turned a slight shade of red, allowing me to see through the flames.

"LEAVE US!" I heard him yell. I sensed confusion from Hunter, who was probably staring at me, but I stayed focused on the demons through the flames. The demons around us seemed surprised at Daemon's voice, confused at it's sudden appearance. Daemon lowered the flaming wall and spread the wings on your back to look more intimidating to the opposing demons.

"I AM DAEMON NOCTURNEM, TWIN BROTHER OF DAMIAN, THE CURRENT KING OF HELL, AND AM THE RIGHTFUL HEIR TO THE THRONE! I DEMAND THAT YOU LEAVE AND TELL MY BROTHER THAT HE CANNOT GET RID OF ME OR MY HOST! BEGONE!" he shouted in a powerful voice even I would have bowed to. The demons seemed surprise then suddenly, they vanished, like they were never around. Daemon turned my body to face Hunter as he hid my wings again. Hunter was back in his human form and his eyes were wide in shock. Suddenly, I felt his presence retreat into my mind, leaving me feeling exhausted like the fire of my life was heavily drenched.

I felt my body lean forward and it started to fall. I must have been half way down when I faintly heard Hunter call out to me. It wasn't long before I landed but instead of hitting the grass, I fell on a soft plain of white. I heard a soft and soothing voice in my head, one that wasn't Daemon's but it sounded feminine. The voice sounded so familiar but I couldn't put a finger on here I had heard it. It told me that everything would be alright and that I needed to sleep. And I listened, passing out on what I thought at the time was a soft, fluffy cloud.