Chapter 12: Something to think about

I didn't have to turn around to see his face to know he was surprised and shocked when I told him. His emotions radiated strongly from him as I turned to him. Even if I wasn't able to sense emotions, I would have been able to tell that his emotions were presented on his face. His jaw was hanging slightly and his eyes were slightly larger than usual. He stared at me for a while longer before speaking.

"You're joking!" he said. I narrowed my eyes as I growled quietly.

"Why would I lie about something this serious? I mean I haven't met anyone like me so I don't know why you would think I would be lying." I said, glaring at him. His ears lowered slightly as my words processed in his mind.

"S-Sorry." he stuttered. "I didn't mean to offend. And you're right, I haven't met anyone like you. I'm just surprised." I smirked.

"I would be surprised if you weren't." He nodded then paused.

"How did you get your demon?" he asked and the smirk I had instantly faded. I looked away from him as my ears went back.

"To explain that is to explain my past and that is a road I don't want to go back down. I don't trust you." I said and I noticed the sharp pain from Hunter but it didn't last long. I looked back at him.

"Though...I might learn to." I said and I felt a strong sense of hope from him. "But keep in mind, this will be a game of cat and mouse with me as the mouse and you was the cat. And I can be relentless, so your in for a chase." I quickly added. He nodded in understanding and I thought he would walk back into the pack house. Instead, he walked towards me and my body instinctively backed up but only a little. He stopped when he was a few inches away from me.

Slowly, his hands wrapped around my waist. My mind told me to run, to hide from the strong Alpha male before me, but my body refused to move. It seemed glued in place, almost wanting Hunter's touch. He pulled me close so that our bodies molded together, and boy, did my senses go insane at our contact. Hunter lifted a hand so that it cupped the back of my head before closing the gap between us completely. His lips were soft but firm, determined to keep the kiss going for as long as he could. My body stood there, frozen in shock and the sense of passion from the kiss. He finally pulled away after a while, smiling softly.

"Something for the mouse to think about." he said before turning and walking back inside the building, leaving me to watch his silhouette.