Chapter 24: A meeting with a twist

For the next few weeks, Hunter and I ran the pack as an official mated couple. The pack was happy to accept me as their Alpha female and even wanted to throw me a party to congratulate me but I told them that I wasn't the type of wolf to have fun in parties or in large gatherings of beings. Thankfully, they understood and just stuck with giving me their personal congratulations. Throughout the weeks, we noticed that more shadow demons were spotted from the border patrol Omegas. This bit of information worried Hunter because not only was he concerned for the packs safety against them but he was also worried about me. He didn't want a repeat of what happened in the woods before my sister came. I understood his concerns and tried to calm them, but I know I would never be able to completely get rid of them. Not until the threat of the shadow demons was taken care of.

One day, Hunter got a message from the Alpha council, as everyone seemed to call them, asking him and myself to come to a meeting at the Silver River pack house. The message didn't give in details as to why but Hunter explained to me that it was like that in case someone wanted information the Alphas intentionally kept secret. It made sense because if you didn't want to cause panic within your ranks due to a certain piece of information, that was the best way to send messages without said outcome. We decided to head over there as soon as we could. Hunter told me that was the pack that Lupa had her Beta rank at and where Alpha Piper, the one who first said that there were demons around, lead her pack with her mate.

Hunter and I finally arrived at their pack house the next morning, leaving Lilith and Lupa, who had traveled over night, in charge at the pack house while we were gone. We left at around evening when we told Lupa that we were taking our leave to go see her Alpha. When we got close to their pack house, a grey and white mixed wolf around Hunter's height approached us, his eyes glowing a yellowish-orange color. Over his left eye, a long claw mark stretched over his eye and the glow for that eye slightly was faded. When he reached us, he lowered his head in respect before straightening and spoke with his body.

"Welcome, Alpha Fairmoon. I see you have brought your mate. I congratulate you on your bonding. Now please, follow me. My mate is waiting in her office." He turned and walked away, leaving Hunter and me to follow him. It didn't take long before we saw the building in the distance. It looked a lot like our home, which is technically a semi-mansion, but this one was a bit bigger and wider, making me wonder if they had more numbers. Like our home, there were planted flowers at the sides of the doors and vines with honeysuckles growing on the edges of the walls, giving it an old antique feel, which I always loved.

As we reached the front door, we shifted into our human forms. The male who escorted us was taller than Hunter by a good few inches and was beefier than him, making me make a mental note to not get into a fight with him. His eyes were a nice stormy-grey color and the scar was still there but now, you could clearly see that he is almost blind on that eye. He had choppy black hair and his wolf ears and tail remained the same as they were when he was a wolf. He wore a simple workout tank top for males and sweatpants, which I wasn't expecting considering his position in his pack. He walked into the building with Hunter and I in tow.

As we walked, I noticed a good portion of the wolves around us were males. I started getting paranoid, my ears going down as I started thinking that they were watching me, examining my body, and thinking of things I didn't even what to think about. I moved closer to Hunter, trying to bury my face in his back to force his scent into my sensitive nose. He seemed to notice my movements because I felt his arm move to my waist and pull me to his side. He held me close as we walked and when I looked up at him, he was looking around him, his ears pinned back slightly. I stared up at him, surprised that he was trying to help me feel better. I felt my face get hotter as we finally reached a door that was decorated with blue painted on vines on the edges of the door. The male who was escorting us knocked before we heard a female voice reply.