Chapter 15: Meeting the rest of the pack

(Siren's POV)

After I got my signature blue tank-top and jeans on plus a set of uncomfortable sneakers, I walked downstairs to see Hunter talking to an Omega female. I wouldn't have had a problem with it if I didn't sense the love coming from her. She hid it well on her face but I knew better. With me being a...well former Alpha, I was born with 3 powers: the power to summon large phantom wolves to my aid, the ability to entrance anyone with my singing voice (that's why my mother named me Siren), and empathy. And I sensed a large amount of love coming from the Omega.

I growled and walked up to them, hugging Hunter from behind. He jumped slightly in surprise, but relaxed when he realized I was the reason for his jump. I hadn't been feeling love from Hunter when I first saw them, but now he was giving off the same amount that the Omega was. Key word: was. Now, I felt her glare on me with jealousy and anger flowing off her. I smirked behind Hunter's back then put my best innocent face on before looking up at Hunter, who had his head turned to me.

"What's up, Si?" I wagged my tail when he used my old childhood nickname, though I hadn't heard it in a long time. But when he used it, it was comforting instead of saddening. I smiled.

"I'm ready to go!" I glanced at the Omega and noted that her fists were clenched.

"Where are you going, Alpha?" she asked in a calm manner but I still sensed the anger and hatred towards me. Hunter smiled politely at her.

"She will be going with me to town before my meeting with the other Alphas." He looked at me, still smiling.

"Would you like me to drop you off at the pack house before the meeting or would you like to join me?" My eyes widened.

"Are you serious?!" He chuckled at my question.

"Of course! Why would I be joking with such a thing?" My tail wagged faster as I tightened my hug on him slightly.

"Thank you!" He chuckled and another wave of love washed over me from him. Sadly, it was quickly overpowered. By the anger from the other female.

"B-But Alpha! Anyone who isn't an Alpha can't go unless they are mated to one!" I stopped hugging Hunter and straightened as I glared down at her. The dominance I gave off must have gotten to her because her grey ears lowered and her tail tucked in between her legs.

"Who are you to question your Alpha? And who said I'm not an Alpha myself?" Her eyes widened.

"I-I'm so sorry m-ma'am! I-I didn't k-know!" she stuttered. I smirked slightly. I liked making people afraid of me. It was what I did best. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Hunter, his eyes telling me to calm down. And I did. I looked back at the Omega.

"And for your information, I am his mate so I suggest you shut it." Surprise came from both Hunter and the Omega. She quickly nodded and scurried away, her tail still between her legs. I turned to Hunter to see him blushing. I chuckled.

"Come on, let's go! I need some exercise." I walked outside and turned into my wolf form. I waited as Hunter walked out and turned into his wolf, the grey patches on his fur highlighted in the sunlight. Using my body language, I spoke to him.

"Ready when you are!" He stared at me before walking up to me. I tilted my head in confusion, one of my ears falling slightly to the side, before he connected our foreheads, his golden eyes looking into mine.

"I love you too." he 'said'. Thankfully, he couldn't see the blush under my black fur. He pulled away enough to lick me between my eyes and started walking to the forest edge. My eyes were wide as he walked away. When he turned around to me, I unfroze and walked to him. He waited until I reached him then walked beside me through the forest. We spoke here and there and on occasion, I would surprise him with a playful tackle.

Eventually, we reached a hill which overlooked the town. When I looked down, I saw werewolves of all kinds of skin and fur color. For a wolf pack where most lived in the pack house, it was a decant size. There were little shops lining the main road. A park sat across from a school, where little pups were playing. I could hear the laughter from the hill. On the other side of the town, an open arena was available with wolves fighting each other. On the minor roads off the main one, houses populated the roadsides. More pups were playing with their siblings in the yards of the houses. It reminded me of my old home, just smaller.

I must have been showing my sadness because Hunter nudged my shoulder and did his best to smile. He waved his head and started walking down the hill towards the town. I smiled internally to myself and followed. It didn't take long before we turned into our human forms and the first werewolf noticed us. His ears pricked up in attention then turned to the townspeople.

"THE ALPHA IS HERE!" he cried. Mothers with their pups looked at him and smiled as they bowed in respect with their pups either mimicking their mothers or looking at Hunter in confusion. One of the males howled and all the other males joined in, happy that their Alpha was around. Some of the pups noticed me and tried to run up to me but their mothers held them back, unsure about me. I smiled at them. Hunter looked at me and slowly reached his hand out to me. I looked at it before hesitantly grabbing it. Hunter smiled at me then looked out to the wolves in front of us.

"Everyone! I'd like you to meet Siren, my mate." he said. The wolves around us widened their eyes in surprise before cheering loudly, howling mixing in with the yelling. I stepped back a bit, feeling a little overwhelmed with the emotions of everyone. Hunter looked at me and gave me an encouraging smile. I smiled back and moved back to his side. The mothers who had been holding their pups back had loosened their grip in the excitement and the pups used it to their advantage. They ran towards Hunter and I but mainly in my direction. I crouched down to them, smiling. The pups giggled as they reached me.

"You're the Alpha's mate?" one of them asked. I smiled.

"Yep!" They laughed as their mothers finally realized where their kids were. They rushed up and pulled their pups away from me, apologizing for the pups behavior. I smiled and told them all that it was fine. After everyone congratulated Hunter and I for being mated together, the crowd died away and they continued with their day. Hunter smiled at me.

"You did good with everything and I'm sorry for the sudden celebration from everyone." Hunter said, rubbing the back of his neck. I laughed.

"It's ok, Hunter. I just wasn't expecting it." He nodded and pulled me close to kiss me gently on the forehead.

"Now lets go have fun." he said as we started walking into the town.