Chapter 13: The last night

(Hunter's POV)

For the rest of the week that Siren was there, I always did something nice for her and made sure to spend as much time with her as I could. Lilith, my Beta, knew of Siren being my mate so she made sure I had as much time with her unless it was absolutely urgent. When I spent with her, I kept in mind that she had a limit on the amount of time she let me stay around. She normally let me stay for about 2-3 hours, depending on her mood. I never really knew what to expect from her. There were days when she was nice and happy then there were days when she refused to utter a single word to me and growled at anyone else who came close to her.

She still hated it when I hugged her or just tried to touch her in general, but I noticed that she was slowly warming up to me. She started waiting for me in the cafeteria in the morning instead of me waiting for her. I also heard from the chef, Ace, that she liked to sneak into the kitchen to clean most of the dishes for him so that he had less to do. He had been noticing that and wanted to know who it was so he could personally thank them so he decided to put a camera up. The next day, caught her sneaking in and washing the dishes for him. He showed me and watching her do Ace a favor made my heart flutter thinking that she was soft under the tough fur she tended to show.

I also noticed that she liked to play and basically hangout with the young pups of the pack. They seemed to enjoy her company and loved to ride on her back when she was in her wolf form. It was also one of the few times I saw her smile. I loved watching her get chased by the younger ones and roll around with them in the mud after it had rained. She enjoyed their company as much as they did her's. A thought crossed my mind and it started to make me wonder...was she an only pup? Or had she had siblings in her past?

I wished I knew more about her but her old pack, the Blood Moon pack, was one of those pack that preferred to live on their own terms and rules. Few packs could actually say that they were allies with them and that was probably why their pack disappeared. Then again, there wasn't much an allying pack can do when no one from that pack lived to tell the tale. Well, other than Siren, of course. I wondered if I should ever ask for any details about what happened when her old pack vanished, but I knew that she wouldn't be willing to tell on her own. I couldn't even get her to tell me anything that happened to her before we met.

Anyway, it was the last day of the week and the last day of our agreement. It was a little past 10 PM when I heard a knock on my door. I had barely heard it, but I got up and opened the door. Siren stood there, her ears and head lowered. I thought she had a nightmare again so I got worried.

"You ok?" I asked. She nodded slightly and I sighed with relief. Then I tilted my head slightly.

"Then why are you here?" She shrugged, refusing to look up at me. My ears went down. I knew something was bothering her.

"Come in, Siren." I said, stepping aside for her to walk in. She did and I closed the door behind her. When I looked at her again, she had crawled into my bed and was under the blankets. I felt myself blush slightly.

"D-Don't get any ideas!" she said. "M-My demon wouldn't s-stop nagging me!" I blushed a little more. We hadn't really talked about the night when she told me about her demon and if we did, it would be small questions like 'How is he?' and other things like that. I smiled, thanking whoever her demon was that he had pushed her to do this. I walked to side of the bed and saw that she had taken one of my pillows and was hiding her face with it. I chuckled. She was blushing and she didn't want me to see it. I mean, my curtains to my window were closed and it was already too dark to make out a blush but she must have been trying to make sure I didn't see it.

I crawled into bed beside her and faced her. I smiled at her, knowing that she couldn't see me, but I didn't care. I had my mate beside me and even though she was hiding her face from me, I felt complete. Her presence alone makes me feel whole. Now that she was next to me, I felt happy. And as much as I wanted to grad her and hold her close to me, I knew she wasn't ready for that so I respected her boundaries. I closed my eyes and I felt my body and mind fall into a deep sleep.

(Siren's POV)

'Si!!! We need to stay!' Daemon ranted in my head. He had been doing this for a few days now and it was starting to get on my nerves, which is probably why he was doing it. I had been trying to ignore him the best I could, but it was like having pots and pans being banged right in your ear. He was hard to block out and sadly, he knew it. I clenched my jaw, trying for the last time to ignore him and go to sleep but it wasn't working. I sat up and growled.

"What?! What do you want?!" I whisper-yelled, not wanting to wake the other wolves.

'I want you to go to Hunter's room and sleep in his bed with him!' I felt my face heat up as he said that.

"No way am I doing that!" I said, furiously. I could practically feel his smirk.

'You know I have the patience to do this all night right?' he said, his tone letting me know that he meant every word. I growled, clenching my fists.

"Fine, but if he touches me, I'll kill him!" I said as I got up.

'He isn't like that Si. You know that.' he said. I sighed.

'One can never really know a person, Daemon' I thought as I walked out of my room and headed for Hunter's door. I felt my face redden as I knocked on his door. I didn't want him to see so I looked down at my feet. The door opened and the sense of confusion hit me. I got why he was confused. I mean, if I were him, I would be. Not long after his confusion turned to worry.

"You ok?" he asked in a quiet voice. I nodded, not daring to look up at him. Relief radiated off him then quickly changed back to confusion.

"Then why are you here?" I shrugged, not wanting to answer him. His worry grew and I saw his feet move to the side.

"Come in, Siren." I walked in and immediately walked to his bed, crawling under the blankets and grabbing one of his pillows. I felt his gaze on me after I heard the door close.

"D-Don't get any ideas!" I said, feeling my face darken. "M-My demon wouldn't s-stop nagging me!" He paused for a moment, his emotions unsure before they turned pleased and I heard his footsteps get closer. I brought the pillow up to my face, refusing him the chance to see it. As soon as I took the first inhale, I wanted to melt. His scent was infused into the pillow. His scent had a nice and relaxing mix of lemons and wild orange, calming my nerves.

I hadn't realized what I was doing until started smelling my scent with his. I blushed as I realized that I was nuzzling into the pillow, marking it with my scent. I loved the combination of my pine tree scent and his wild orange, which filled my nose. I smiled into the pillow. I liked this. I guess Daemon was right.

'Told ya~' he said in my head. I wanted to growl but decided to just close my eyes and thankfully, Daemon remained silent the entire night.