one

Jaemin stood in front of his bathroom mirror, pale face and obvious sweat running down his face.

A wide smile plastered on his face as he stared at the side of his neck, noticing the red engraving of a heart with an arrow going through.

He was clearly scared at the first sight of it but realization hit him as he remembered Jeno and Kyungmi both held tattoos on their wrist in the same shade of red; Jaemin now had a soulmate, or at least that's what he believed at that point.

His suspicions were confirmed the next morning when he awoke and headed to the front door, ready to get his daily coffee only to be greeted by a dog who held a bowl in his mouth and tail wagging enthusiastically.

A girl stared at her tattoo, horrified at its sudden appearance and frantically tried to rub it off.

Panic stirred through her body when she realized that it was not budging in the slightest and sweat ran down her forehead from the stress she now felt.

She tried thinking of any possible explanations but none could come to her mind and worry began to course through her body.

"What the fuck is happening?" She muttered out before finally deciding to head out of the restroom and go to bed, worries still clear in her mind.

When she finally awoke, she rushed through her home, completely forgetting about the red mark now on the side of her neck.

As she rushed to the front door, the sudden appearance of a dog bowl stopped her in her tracks.

Curious, she picked up the dish which was completely clean and new. On it, the letters "H.JY + N.JM" were engraved with fine detail followed by the symbol of a heart with an arrow, an exact replica of the tattoo she had on the side of her neck which she now remembered.

A paper was placed neatly in the center of the bowl and the girl picked it up, reading it carefully.

"Dear Han Jiyeon, a water bowl for a dog you do not have? Quite strange isn't it? Well not to worry! The owner of the food bowl and dog resides with Na Jaemin. He is the one you now search for." She read aloud and went wide-eyed.

Realization was beginning to hit her and she knew there could only be one explanation.

"There is no fucking way I have a soulmate and especially not Na Jaemin."

Back at Jaemin's house, he enthusiastically played with the dog that arrived at his doorstep.

"You're such a pretty doggy." He cooed at the golden retriever that now belonged in his custody. A silver dog tag on his collar as well as the bowl he once held contained the engraved letters of "N.JM + H.JY" with the same design as his tattoo right next to it.

"I'm just wondering who H.JY is.." Jaemin muttered out, attempting to recall anyone in his memory with those same initials.

"I've gotta find her soon, right?" Jaemin asked the dog who simply tilted his head, not understanding a word he said.

Jaemin sighed in frustration before a sudden knock on his door drew his entire attention away.

He headed straight towards the door, only to find a piece of paper taped there. Curious, he opened the letter which contained a nice "Dear Na Jaemin" at the top, making him smile a bit.

"Dear Na Jaemin, every dog needs a food and water bowl, right? You may have the food bowl but look for the one named Han Jiyeon who holds the water bowl you search for." He read aloud and at Jiyeon's name, the dog let out a loud bark and excited jump as his tail wagged enthusiastically.

"Guess I gotta look for a Han Jiyeon, huh?" He said out and turned to the dog who happily panted and tail being up high, showing his happiness.

"Hmm.. Well then I'll look for her after my coffee. I'll be back in a few minutes so please try not to wreck my house." Jaemin told the dog who obediently sat on the couch, proud head being held up high from his own obedience and Jaemin smiled before giving him a few pets and heading out.

He walked the same route as per usual, trying to identify any faces from yesterday that he possibly came in contact with yet his mind showed no avail.

He sighed as he entered the coffee shop and immediately went in line, still trying his hardest to think.

It was finally his turn to order and once again, he saw the very bright and happy girl asking for his order.

A thought suddenly clicked in his mind as he realized that his fingers did in fact brush against her own the day before. His stare went from her eyes to her neck, trying to look for any sign of the same tattoo he held which unfortunately led to no avail.

"Dude, next time he comes, just tell me and pay attention to what I'm putting here." The same voice from yesterday told the girl and began tapping on the screen once again before walking away.

"Ah right.. 4000 won please." The bubbly girl told Jaemin who was distracted by the girl that walked away. He realized he had also somehow touched her as well the day before when grabbing his order from her hands.

He caught a slight glimpse on her neck and there he saw it: the same shade of red in the shape of a heart and arrow; the exact same tattoo in the exact same location as his.

"Um, sir? 4000 won please?" The girl at the register called out again and finally got Jaemin's attention.

He hurriedly handed the money to the girl, not breaking the sight of the person he now knew as Han Jiyeon, watching as she made his order with great precision.

His fast steps reached the waiting area and his name was finally called out by her.

Jaemin stepped towards her with a wide smile and bent down to her, making her look up at him with obvious confusion.

"Na Jaemin?" She asked with a raised brow, even though she already knew his name.

"That's me and you must be Han Jiyeon." He said with the toothy grin, making her furrow her brows.

"Yes I am. Do you need anything else?" She asked him, order still in his hand and coworkers pestering her to hurry up.

"I think you're my soulmate." He finally said and she gulped down the newly formed bulge in her throat before clearing her throat as she did her best to keep her monotone expression.

"Dude, just take your coffee." She finally said while handing him the order and going back to her work station.

A small frown formed on his face from the lack of expression he seemed to get from her.

Unbeknownst to him, the second Jiyeon turned away, she let out a deep yet silent sigh as the nerves she got from the interaction began to slowly leave her body.

She knew for a fact he was her soulmate. She recalled the paper that clearly stated "Na Jaemin"'s name. She had also seen the familiar marking on his neck: a bright red tattoo that was hard to miss in the shape of a heart with an arrow.

As she returned to her work station, she breathed out a sigh of relief as she realized he had already walked out of the store.

She knew their fate was inevitable. It was quite shocking to have the perfect, lover boy Na Jaemin as a soulmate. Most would call her lucky but a sudden fear coursed through her body as she recalled her own memories, shivering at the thought. Just a part of her wanted to keep him waiting.

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"Really? You HAD to choose another girl with issues?" One of the people in the room asked the other who shrugged.

"I need some tea, bitch. Jeno and Kyungmi aren't ours anymore and everything is boring." The other said with a slight grin.