twenty seven

Jeno took no time in getting in his car, not even bothering to tell Kyungmi what the hell was going on.

Kyungmi saw the worry on his face, deciding not to bother him and knew something bad was happening and that he needed to get there fast.

Jeno shortly arrived at Jaemin's house, banging on the door with a force.

"Jaemin open the door please!" He shouted, wanting to get his best friend out of there as soon as possible.

Worry began coursing through his body until her remembered something.

"Wait.. I can just barge in like every other time."

And so, he managed to get through the door and run upstairs, opening the bedroom door to see Jaemin and Buddy, weakened by the separation.

"Shit, c'mon."

Jeno picked up Jaemin, making sure to keep his body stable.

"Hurry. I don't want Buddy to hurt any longer."

"Still the same old sweetheart, Jaemin. Putting others before yourself." Jeno said before hurriedly carrying Jaemin down the stairs and to his car.

After placing Jaemin in the car, Jeno went back and carried Buddy as well and placed him in the back with Jaemin.

"Where is she?" Jeno asked.

"She's at Chunhei's house. It's at this address." Jaemin croaked out, grabbing Jeno's phone and inputting the address.

"Stay with me, Nana." Jeno said as he began speeding to Chunhei's home, not caring about traffic laws. All he wanted was to get his best friend healed.

Not long after, Jeno arrived at the apartment that the two shared.

Going to the backseat and picking up Jaemin, Jeno rushed up to the door, frantically knocking on it. He was growing impatient and his knocks grew louder.

After a few seconds, the door finally opened and revealed Chunhei with a confused look on her face only for it to change to shock and worry.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" She asked Jeno as her eyes stayed on Jaemin, feeling pity for the weakened state he was in.

"Not the time for introductions. Let me in before I force myself in." He exclaimed as he tried walking past Chunhei, only for her to step right in front of him.

"Jiyeon doesn't want to see Jaemin. He can't be here. Plus she's sick so company is not really allowed." Chunhei said and Jeno rolled his eyes.

"They're soulmates. They're both dying along with Buddy since they were apart for so long. Unless you want your best friend to die, I suggest you move out of the fucking way." Jeno said through gritted teeth, eyes burning holes into the girl and intimidating her enough to step aside.

Jeno rushed into the small apartment, catching sight of the girl's room and immediately entering.

"Who the fu—"

"Jiyeon, I know you're confused and mad at Jaemin or whatever but you can't push him away." Jeno said as he placed the weakened Jaemin next to her.

"It's not like I have the strength to anyways." Jiyeon breathed out, coarse voice startling Jaemin.

"Give me a second, I'll be back." With that, Jeno hurriedly went out to get Buddy, leaving the two alone.

"I missed you." Jaemin said with a sad smile.

Jiyeon felt her heart weaken. She knew she still loved him but after seeing the events from four days ago, it still hurt.

"I bet you did." She said through gritted teeth.

"Jiyeon, you have to let me explain what happened after we get healed." Jaemin said, taking in deep breaths between each word as a way to try and stay strong.

Instead of replying, Jiyeon looked away, not wanting to have eye contact with him.

Jeno arrived with Buddy in his arms, placing the dog gently with his two owners.

Jiyeon turned back around, eyes tearing up from the sight of Buddy. Jaemin slightly touched Jiyeon's arm, wanting to hold her and she didn't pull away.

All of a sudden, all three fluttered their eyes closed. Their tattoos began to shine and a bright light emitted in the room.

Jeno and Chunhei watched as their skin returned to its original color and their once sick and frail bodies became healthy.

The second they awoke again, Jaemin sat up and pulled Jiyeon into a hug. He sobbed into her shoulder, making Jiyeon confused.

Her heart wrenched at his cries. She loved him so much but she was hesitant.

"I think this is the part where we go." Jeno whispered to Chunhei who nodded in agreement. The two left the room, leaving the soulmates and their dog there.

"Jiyeon, I'm so sorry." Jaemin cried out, holding onto Jiyeon as if his life depended on her (which it did.)

"You said you wanted to explain so do it." Jiyeon replied as she pushed him off slightly, not wanting to feel her heart break any longer.

And so, Jaemin began to speak. He told her what happened between him and Yunhee. He told her about how Yunhee forced herself on him because she had a crush on her and didn't want anyone else with her. Every single detail, he didn't fail to say.

By the end of it, Jaemin was sobbing, head fallen into her lap. Jiyeon simply stayed sitting up, silent cries escaping her lips.

"Dammit Jaemin." She muttered out, catching his attention. He sat up, staring into her eyes only to find her crying.

"What happened?" He asked followed by a hiccup. His hands rubbed soothing motions on her arm, wanting to help calm her down.

"I fucking hate this! I really don't want to forgive you yet! I hate how you make me feel!" Jiyeon exclaimed, face becoming red from the built up frustration.

"I hate the fact that I love you so fucking much!" At those words, Jaemin's glassy eyes widened, staring at her with shock.

"You love me?" He asked in a soft tone, wanting to calm her down only for her to aggressively nod her head.

"I do! I do love you so fucking—"

Before Jiyeon could continue her sentence, Jaemin pressed his lips onto hers. He kissed her as if he longed for it for years, the feeling of bliss coming back.

After a bit of hesitation, she kissed him back, allowing herself to melt into him once again. A few seconds after, Jaemin pulled away, vivid smile on his face.

"Say those words to me again." He muttered against her lips.

"I love you, Jaemin." She whispered out, causing him to smile.

"I love you too, Jiyeon."

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"Is this a 'go-time motherfuckers' moment?"

"Yes you dumbass! It's go time motherfuckers!"

"It's our time to shine!"

A bright white cloud surrounded the people in the room and within the blink of an eye, all the people disappeared, leaving a single orb showing the soulmates together.