twenty three

Jaemin opened the door, furrowed brows evident and revealed the bright Yunhee he recognized from the register.

"Hey Jaemin!" She said in a chirpy voice, wide smile on her face which sort of creeped Jaemin out.

"Hi?..." He said in a question-like tone, confused as to why she was at his home let alone HOW she found his house.

"Is Jiyeon home?" She asked, eyes peering around the place behind him and he shook his head.

"Didn't you just call her a few minutes ago telling her that her boss needed her? Also, how the hell did you find my house?" He questioned with a suspicious brow.

"I was just making sure she wasn't here and it was easy really. Just tell her best friend that I'm her coworker looking for her and she gave me an address." She replied nonchalantly, acting as if it wasn't weird to ask for a strangers home address.

"Okay.. So what the hell are you doing here?"He now asked and Yunhee's smile widened, if that was even possible, and slightly scared Jaemin.

"Back the hell away from Jiyeon." She said, smile dropping and an intimidating expression replacing it.

"Why should I? I don't have a reason to." He replied, confused as hell at that moment and time.

"Lemme break this down for you, Jaemin." Yunhee began as he crossed his arms, awaiting her reply.

"I've been in love with Jiyeon since high school. Everything she's been through, I've seen it." She said and that certainly surprised Jaemin.

"Isn't that kinda... strange? Not the fact that you have a crush on a girl but the fact that you've seen everything she's been through yet not even talking to her doesn't hit me right. If you've liked her for so long, why didn't you ever ask her out?" Jaemin retorted, making one of her brows raise.

"Trust me, I wanted to do badly but guys like you just keep ruining everything." She replied, finger pointing straight at him with fury.

"Guys like me?"

"Yes, guys like you!" She exclaimed and Jaemin became astonished by her outburst.

"Guys like you that are pretty enough to sweep her off her feet only to break her heart later in the future. I know for a fact that I can treat her so much better than you. I'm not about to lose her to another pretty boy that has a shitty coffee order so I'm telling you now to back the hell away from Jiyeon." She said, eyes glaring daggers into his eyes. Jaemin scoffed at her last words, feeling challenged to another extent.

"Or what? Cause I don't plan on leaving her." He said and Yunhee simply smirked.

Her gaze then averted next to her and an idea— a very bad one— appeared in her mind.

In one swift movement, she grabbed his shirt and pulled him on for a kiss, her hand at the back of his head holding him in place.

Jaemin became shocked and desperately tried to push her off but her grip was strong.

When she finally released him, he pushed her back fury filling within him.

"Are you fucking insane? Why the hell would you do that?!" He exclaimed while a smirk played on her lips.

"If I can't have her, no one can." She said and her words confused him until his eyes followed the direction she kept staring at.

His eyes met Jiyeon's figure, hands trembling and mouth quivering. Her eyes became glassy and a hurt expression evident on her face. Once she noticed Jaemin made eye contact with her, she turned her body right back around and began making haste movements towards her old apartment.