seventeen

Jiyeon ended her story, nonstop tears falling from her eyes, soaking the flour that remained on her face.

Jaemin held sad eyes that glistened as he heard. He had definitely noticed every flinch she took when he tried to hug or make any kind of skin contact. He had an idea of what happened but it would have never been that.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that." Jaemin said, clear hurt being in his voice.

Jiyeon was a beautiful girl. She was probably one of the prettiest he had ever seen in his entire life, if not, the prettiest. The way her perfect teeth showed everytime she smiled, the scrunch of her nose made her appear to be bright, happy. She did put on a bitchy front for a good while but Jaemin just assumed she wasn't interested. Never would he have thought that the reason she was so hesitant around men was because she went through something like that.

His arms linked around her waist, pulling her closer to him. He realized should have been a little softer, feeling her usual slight flinch but she allowed him to hug her, embracing him back. She felt safe within his arms, even if it was a mere 4 days of living together.

Throughout the rest of the day, the two cleaned the kitchen only to lay together on the couch, cuddling with each other and Buddy. Jaemin wanted to make Jiyeon felt safe and after her story, he wanted to make sure no harm would ever be done to her again.

An easy week went by after Jiyeon told Jaemin what happened. Jaemin continued to show her the reassurance and safety she required. His acts of affection went from simple pecks on her forehead to soft kisses on her cheek.

Jaemin was without a doubt an affectionate guy. He wanted to prove to Jiyeon that he was someone that would love her, regardless of her backstory.

As the week went by, Jiyeon felt herself falling for him more and more. Maybe it was the soulmate effect or the fact that he was caring, sweet, affectionate and so much more but whatever it was, she knew it was making him fall for him even more and she was hoping he was falling for her too.

It was a Saturday afternoon, a non-work day for the two of them.

They both laid in bed together, Jaemin hugging Jiyeon, making her the little spoon. His arms practically engulfed her, as if he was trying to protect her from everything surrounding her.

They were both quite bored. There was really nothing to do in the house.

"You wanna go out?" Jiyeon suddenly asked, turning to face him.

"Where?" Jaemin asked in return.

"We should go to the park. Buddy needs some time outside and it'd be good for the both of us." She told him and at the word 'park', Buddy jolted his head up and stared at his owners with anticipation.

"That sounds like a plan."

The two got up and got ready whilst Buddy enthusiastically followed them around, excited to venture out again.

It didn't take long for them to get to the park either.

The second Buddy laid eyes on the wide open grass field, adrenaline coursed through his body and he ran around, practically tugging on the leash that Jaemin held, making him stumble over and Jiyeon laughed.

"Not funny." Jaemin said as he ran to the dog, unclipping the leash to let Buddy run to his hearts desire.

"Hilarious." Jiyeon replied as she approached him, smile evident on her face.

"It feels great to be outside." Jaemin said, inhaling the fresh scent of the air, his nose instantly becoming relieved.

"It really does. We've been cooped up in your house for more than a week." Jiyeon replied, eyes grazing over the wide open field, watching as her dog ran around, rubbing his back in the grass and playing with other dogs who were in area.

"Hey," she began as she backed away slightly.

"Hm?" Jaemin hummed, wondering what she had to say and turned to face her only to see that she was backing away with a smile on her face.

"I bet you can't catch me." She said in a sing-song voice before jolting off into the opposite direction, laughter erupting from her.

Jaemin held a wide smile and cracked his knuckles before chasing after her which was way harder than he expected since he didn't know she was such a fast runner.

Jiyeon noticed him stumble slightly as he ran up to her, making her laugh even more and gave her a reason to keep going.

But not too long after, Jaemin finally caught up with her, arms encircling her waist from behind and lifting her up into the air, making her yelp in surprise but giggles coming right after.

Jaemin also laughed as felt the serotonin of being in the outdoors and from being with his soulmate- the girl he was falling for- and his dog- the one who's helping him and his soulmate.

Jaemin placed her down onto the ground to which she immediately turned to face him and engulf him in a tight hug. He immediately returned the hug and placed a kiss on her head which was a simple act of affection and even after getting so many of those kinds of pecks, it still made Jiyeon's heart explode.

Her head pulled back from the hug, looking into his eyes with an adoring look. Jaemin noticed how her eyes sparkled, the sunlight hitting just right for her dark brown eyes to shine. Her teeth showed in a perfect array, and Jaemin felt himself falling deeper for her.

He was enjoying his sight in front of him till she suddenly turned away, fanning her face down.

"Shit, Jaemin." She breathed out.

"What's wrong?" Jaemin asked, thinking he had fucked up.

"I really wanna fucking kiss you." She replied, back still facing him.

Jaemin suddenly grabbed a hold of her wrist, turning her to look him in the eye. His face was a red shade, feeling himself absolutely melt at her words and heart beating like a drum.

"Then do it."

With those words, Jiyeon cupped his face, pulling him down. Their eyes fluttered closed and the feeling of their lips connecting overtook them.

It was as if it was a perfect fit, the way they pressed together. Their tattoos glowed a bright red and they felt as if they were in the air. The people that were at the park as well watched, a cheer of applause coming from them for the two soulmates.

As if he had a seventh sense, Buddy stopped chasing a certain squirrel and ran over to his owners, jumping on their legs and practically pushing them down, making them separate from the kiss. Excitement rushed through Buddy's body, licking the faces of his owner as a gift for them two finally kissing. Laughter erupted from the small crowd as they watched the pure moment. Young love.

Jiyeon and Jaemin laughed, their hearts feeling full and pure happiness surrounding their mind.

Jiyeon knew that Jaemin was different. His simple acts of kindness and compassion to her showed how much he cared. Nearly two weeks and she already trusted him anywhere near her.

Jaemin felt happy, as if a weight had been pulled off his shoulders. He desperately wanted to kiss her before but he knew he shouldn't, knowing her own boundaries regarding any kind of man but she changed for him, for herself. She opened up and Jaemin was more than glad that Jiyeon was the person he was assigned as a soulmate.

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"THEY KISSED!" Someone who watched the orb shrieked out, grabbing the attention of the others who played around.

"In a park too? That's so cute!"

"I knew Jiyeon would let go eventually."

"I'm just glad it's happening now. Maybe we can reveal ourselves to them soon."

"As if the readers don't know who we are."

"You and the fourth wall- STOP BREAKING IT!"