four

Another morning, another time for Jaemin to get his coffee.

He sat on the floor, arranging a nice area for his dog to stay in.

"Alright Buddy, I'm gonna go see if I can convince your other owner to talk to me and try and get her over here, okay?" Jaemin explained as Buddy licked his face in understanding.

"Alright, be a good boy. I'll be back soon." And with those words, Jaemin left his comfortable home and stepped into the outside world once again.

Some wonder why Jaemin has a car if he's always walking and the simple answer to that is that he enjoys the fresh air of the vast open space. This would explain his happy mood as he walked with a bounce in the direction of the coffee shop.

The sunlight hit his face beautifully and emphasized the features that he had. From around him, women gawked at his sight and males covered their girlfriends eyes but Jaemin did not pay attention to any of those people. The only thing on his mind was getting to his soulmate.

He entered the coffee shop and looked around the heads of other people to try and spot the one he searched for.

His eyebrows furrowed as he realized he couldn't see Jiyeon and he got in line, confuse expression still very evident.

"Hello again sir! What can I get you?" The same cheerful girl asked Jaemin as he approached the front.

"Hey, um do you happen to know where Jiyeon is?" He asked as he leaned down towards her height, anticipating her words.

"Oh, she called in sick. I guess she must've gotten caught in the rain yesterday and got a cold." The girl said with a slight pout.

"Ah okay. Do you happen to know her work hours?" Jaemin asked and right as the girl was a bout to speak, one of her coworkers spoke up.

"Not the time to chit chat, Yunhee." Her coworker said and the girl that Jaemin now knew as Yunhee gulped down the lump in her throat.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I can give you my number of you want to ask more questions." Yunhee offered and Jaemin's eyes glimmered as he nodded his head.

Jaemin handed her his phone and she quickly imputed the digits of her phone number, trying not to get in trouble again.

"Thanks!" Jaemin said and finally ordered his drink that had been prolonged for a while.

Once he got his coffee, he walked out of the shop and gazed upon the dozens of heads that roamed around in the bright environment.

As he looked upon everyone, a specific girl made him perk his head up.

"Jiyeonnn stop being so lazy!" A girl exclaimed as she dragged another girl who Jaemin recognized to be none other than Han Jiyeon.

"Listen, I'm not even supposed to be out right now. I am supposed to be sick and if any of my coworkers catch me, I'll be dead." Jiyeon replied to her friend, annoyed expression evident on her face.

"Please just come to the mall with me! I need a new wardrobe and you... well you're pretty but I wanna see if we can come across your soulmate at the mall!" Her friend said and Jiyeon groaned.

"If I get caught, I'll be sure to murder you, Chunhei." Jiyeon told her friend who only clapped in excitement.

"Come on let's go!" Chunhei exclaimed and immediately began dragging Jiyeon to the direction of the mall.

Jaemin glanced from his soulmate to the direction he was supposed to walk, thinking about his dog that was left at home. He watched as Jiyeon began walking away and after a bit of contemplation, he finally decided to go ahead and follow.

Jaemin ever so casually walked a small distance behind them, making sure to not seem so out of place and tried to blend in with the crowd of people on the sidewalks.

"Jiyeon, pay attention! You need to look for people with that tattoo on their neck!" Chunhei said and Jiyeon rolled her eyes.

"I don't give a shit about soulmates. I've lost all hope after him." Jiyeon said, a slightly hurt expression coming across her face and Chunhei gave her sad eyes, knowing how her past relationship was.

Jaemin raised his brows, slightly shocked from her words and wondered what made her think of soulmates in such a way.

"Hey, he wasn't the one you were meant to be with. Another guy out there can treat you better and won't take you and your kind, beautiful self for granted. The universe chose the perfect guy for you, trust me." Chunhei softly said to the girl who simply shrugged.

"I don't trust it. Universe may have assigned me someone but we can't call him perfect." Jiyeon replied, feeling a lump in her throat from the lie she just told. She knew Jaemin was probably perfect. Not only was he absolutely breathtaking, but he was kind to everyone and everyone loved him. He knew exactly how to converse with people and that was something that she liked about him but she wasn't ready for him yet. She wasn't ready for anyone.

"I hope you change that mindset soon, Jiyeon." Chunhei said as they entered the mall.

Jaemin's mind flooded with wonders of what could have possibly happened to his soulmate to make her think in such a negative way. His eyebrows furrowed as he recalled her basically saying he wasn't perfect but then his expression let up as he realized that every person has their own flaws as well, including himself.

Jaemin entered not long after the two girls. His gaze peered over everyone until he finally spotted them again. He felt strange, knowing he was basically stalking her but he desperately needed to talk to her.

He watched as the girls entered a clothing store and he followed inside cautiously, not wanting to get caught.

He saw them looking through the shirts, chatting happily about their lives and memories of high school which wasn't even that long ago.

Jaemin pretended to preoccupy himself in a nearby rack full of women's shirts as he overheard their conversations, wondering when the hell Chunhei was gonna leave so he can talk to Jiyeon.

As if on cue, Chunhei told her friend that she would be going to the dressing rooms and Jiyeon nodded in understanding.

The fact that it all happened at the same time as Jaemin's thoughts surprised him, making him drop a few of the clothes on the floor. The sounds of hangers hitting the ground caught Jiyeon's attention.

Jaemin scared himself and crouched down, trying to get the clothes that had fallen and put them away in an attempt to save himself from embarrassment but unfortunately, Jiyeon was much to quick. He tried to hide his face from the girl which sort of worked but his identity could not be kept a secret much longer.

Her eyes raked over the tattoo and that's when shock filled her body as she realized who he was.

"Jaemin?" She questioned and he simply looked up at her with a guilty smile.

"Surprise?"