seven

During the evening, Jaemin didn't want to go downstairs. He wanted to give Jiyeon some space since she was basically living with him now.

Jaemin felt slightly guilty but then again, it was Chunhei who practically forced her to stay and he felt bad for the girl. She was clearly uncomfortable with it all and Jaemin didn't want to overstep any of her boundaries so he kept his distance.

He stayed inside his room, waiting for Jiyeon to knock on the door and saying she was ready to sleep. The only reason he waited was because he told her that he would sleep in the living room while she could sleep in his bed. It would be the nice thing to do after the events of the day.

It wasn't until midnight when Jaemin was feeling drowsy and could no longer wait for her to just roam in at her own time that he had finally decided to head downstairs to tell her to go rest in his room.

As he entered the living room, there he saw her sleeping figure in a fetus position while hugging Buddy who was also asleep. She laid peacefully on the couch and Jaemin swore she looked so gorgeous.

Her usually tense features became softened as she slept. Jaemin noticed how her soft pink lips parted slightly and found the way her cheeks squished against the cushions of the couch adorable.

Jaemin thought she might've felt uncomfortable sleeping in such a small area so he decided to do the next best thing.

Carefully, his arms linked underneath her knees and behind her head. Buddy awoke from his actions and stepped onto the floor to allow him to grab the said girl and watched as Jaemin carried her with ease.

He carefully stepped back up the stairs, Buddy following not so far behind, and made sure not to hurt her.

As he was about to place her down, he realized that she had began sniffling. It was as if she was crying.

"Jiyeon?" He whispered out but didn't get a response back and so he realized that she was probably having a nightmare.

He gently set her down on the bed and was about to leave the room until he noticed small tears near her eyes.

"How could you do this?" She croaked out, eyes still shut and Jaemin began to worry.

"Do what?" He questioned, thinking that he had done something wrong.

Jiyeon let out small cries as she reminisced sad moments in her dreams. Jaemin was still filled with immense worry as he watched her cry, not knowing what to do in a situation like that.

Not long after, her silent cries had stopped and her face once again relaxed the usually tense features. Jaemin let out a sigh of relief and looked down at her, smile appearing on his face from her undeniably beautiful features.

His thumb grazed over the fresh tears and he wiped them away, thoughts flooding through his head of what she could have been dreaming about.

With one last deep exhale, he turned and readied himself to walk out the door until Buddy stepped in front of him, blocking his path.

Jaemin tried to walk around him to leave but Buddy simply walked in front of him again, sitting down once Jaemin stopped.

"Buddy, I need to go. She needs to sleep." Jaemin whispered to the dog and attempted to pick him up as a way to get him out of the way which led to no avail since Buddy used all his weight as a way to keep him steady on the ground.

"What do you want?" Jaemin asked with crossed arms at his now disobedient dog.

Buddy stood up and gently bit on the fabric of Jaemin's pants, making sure not to bite the skin.

Jaemin put on a confused expression but allowed the dog to continue his actions.

Buddy tugged on Jaemin's pants, slowly leading him back towards the bed where Jiyeon slept.

"Yeah, that's Jiyeon. What about it?" He asked and Buddy simply gave him an in please look, making Jaemin a bit scared.

All of a sudden, Buddy put his front two paws on Jaemin's abdomen and pushed him down to now be seating in the bed right next to Jiyeon.

Jaemin clearly became shocked and immediately stood up only to be pushed down by Buddy again.

"Do you want me to sleep here?" He asked his dog who gave a simple nod with his head which lowkey terrified Jaemin. It was strange how Buddy was able to understand his words.

He shook his head at the thoughts and cautiously began laying down next to Jiyeon who continued sleeping. His gaze was kept on Buddy who simply stared back, making sure he would fully lay down.

Once Buddy confirmed that Jaemin was fully laid down, he jumped onto the bed and cuddled next to Jaemin as an attempt to keep him in place.

And slowly, the two boys fell asleep and during the night, Jaemins hands unknowingly wrapped around her as she did the same, enjoying the warmth that emitted from each other's bodies.

The three had a peaceful rest of the night until Jiyeon woke up and saw Jaemin cuddling right by her in a gentle sleep.

She let out a small shriek and accidentally smacked him across the face, making him jolt awake.

"What the fuck was that for?!" He exclaimed as he rubbed the now tender place on his cheek.

"Sorry but what the fuck are you doing?!" She exclaimed back and Jaemin rolled his eyes.

"Buddy refused to let me leave and forced me to stay here." He explained and Jiyeon furrowed her brows in suspicion.

"How can I be so sure? What if you decided to put me up here only so you can sleep with me?" She questioned and Jaemin sighed.

"I'll admit I only put you up here to sleep comfortably but NOT to purposely sleep next to you. I'm not someone to overstep boundaries." Jaemin said with a genuine look. Jiyeon let her suspicious state on him, reading his expression and realized he was probably telling the truth.

"Alright then." She said and turned her attention to Buddy who continuously cuddled up to her.

She cooed at the dog, rubbing his fur and scratching in all the right places.

"Hey," Jaemin began, watching as she played with their dog.

"What were you dreaming about last night?" She asked and Jiyeon stopped her movements, staring up at him with an unreadable expression.

"What do you mean?" She asked and slightly tilted her head, acting as if she didn't know what he meant at all.

"You were crying for a bit. What were you dreaming abo-"

Jaemin was suddenly interrupted by a loud banging on his door.

"Oh look it's the door! You should go get it!" She exclaimed and lightly pushed him off the bed.

"But I wanna know-"

"Quick they're waiting!"

Jaemin looked at her with a puzzled expression and noticed her eagerness for him to leave so with a sigh, he got up and headed downstairs, making sure to shut the bedroom door behind him.

The banging on the door didn't seem to die down and Jaemin groaned in annoyance before opening the door and revealing six boys, five of them with anticipating expressions and one, Jeno, with an eye smile.

"Oh shit."

"Jaemin! You have some explaining to do!"

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"This seems vaguely familiar." Someone in the room said.

"I don't know man. I think they're more scary this time." Another said.

"No one is talking about how Buddy literally is helping us so much."

"They're gonna call you lazy again."

"Who?"

"The readers."

"STOP BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL!"