twenty six

Day 3:

Jiyeon laid in bed, throat feeling dry and evident sweat falling from her forehead.

She felt weak, muscles aching and her head throbbing with an immense pain.

With a groan, she stood up, vision going a bit blurry but she somehow still had some strength.

With sluggish movements, she forced herself out of bed and crawled to the door, not wanting to easter her energy and feel more pain from crawling.

"Chunheii." Jiyeon called out, voice raspy from the dryness.

"Jiyeon why did you get up??" Chunhei questioned as she helped up the said girl, feeling her body burning.

"I wanted to get to you." Jiyeon croaked out, hoarse voice being evident and Chunhei began to worry. This seemed like no regular cold or flu.

"You need to stay in bed. No more getting up without me." Chunhei said and Jiyeon weakly nodded as Chunhei plopped her onto the bed, pressing the heating pack against her head.

Chunhei eyed the girl, noticing her pale skin, flushed cheeks and partially dead eyes. One thing that stood out to her the most was the dark maroon color of her tattoo on her neck, the brightness diminishing.

She gulped as she saw it, not knowing what could be happening. She had read soulmate stories but none of them told of what was happening when the color of the tattoo changes.

Deciding to brush it off for now, the girl went out and made a soup for her best friend who was unknowingly dying from not being with her soulmate.

Jaemin laid on his bed, feeling weak and head burning.

His muscles ached and he groaned from pain.

His eyes lingered over to his dog, noticing his depressed state.

Buddy seemed sick too, sad eyes looking at his owner and small whimpers emitting from him.

Jaemin looked at him, feeling horrible. He knew that if he didn't get to Jiyeon, he would die along with Buddy and Jiyeon herself.

Yet, he contemplated in returning, knowing he would only be shoved away. He also wanted to punish himself in a way, feeling guilty for being the cause of all of it.

Jaemin managed to use the force he had left to care for his dog, feeding him and making him feel as comfortable as he could.

He mind wandered, reminiscing the memories of him and Jiyeon.

Sobs escaped his lips, hurting his body as well from the dry throat he had.

He loved Jiyeon so much, it pained him.

As he stood in the mirror, he saw the color of his tattoo changing and he knew what was going to happen but he didn't know how to fix it. Knowing Jiyeon, it would be difficult to talk to her.

Thoughts went through his aching head, thinking of ways to get to her.

From all the stress he put on his own body, he passed out, not awaking till the next day.

Day 4:

Jiyeon awoke, immediately being overwhelmed by an excruciating pain overtaking her body.

Head throbbing, throat dry, chest hurting, muscles aching, fever making her sweat— it all weakened her.

The once bright red tattoo that stood proudly on her neck became a deep maroon color, losing its shine.

Jiyeon let out raspy coughs, not stopping at all.

Her body gave up on her, not allowing her to even make the slightest attempt to get out of bed.

She tried to yell out for Chunhei, worry for herself filling inside her that added to the pain but it only led to a small, weak noise escaping from her lips.

Chunhei walked in the room, as a usual way to check up and gasped when she saw how weak Jiyeon now was.

Her hair seemed dead, lips chapped and skin pale. Sweat filled her body from the fever she had and her fingertips were blue.

Jiyeon continued letting out coughs, the dryness of her throat causing a scratchy and painful feeling which made her cry.

It all hurt her and to make matters worse, her mind filled with Jaemin, reminding her of the pain of seeing his and another girls lips attached.

Mentally and physically, Jiyeon felt weak. Her heart hurt, her body emitting excruciating waves of pain that seemed never ending.

She felt like dying, and that was exactly what was happening.

Panic stirred inside Chunhei as she saw her best friend's state, not knowing what to do in such a situation.

Her best friend was dying and she didn't know what to do.

Jaemin awoke, also being hit by the immense pain as a punishment for not being with his soulmate.

His entire body ached, barely able to move around.

Staring at his dog, his heart broke.

The poor thing laid down, whimpers escaping his mouth as his chest heaved up and down. He was also feeling pain but his owner wasn't aware of how bad it could have possibly been until now.

Jaemin cursed at himself, at Yunhee, at the stupid timing of it all.

His heart ached as he reminisced the moments he had with Jiyeon, followed by the pain of his body giving up on him.

He let out cries that were constantly interrupted by dry coughs, causing it to hurt so much more intensely.

Buddy let out a loud cry, alerting his owner that he was hurting, that it pained them that him and his other owner were not together.

Jaemin could no longer stand it. He hated putting his dog through something that was the fault of a girl that was obsessed with his soulmate.

Finally deciding that their suffering was enough, Jaemin used the remaining strength he had to grab his phone, unlocking it with difficulty due to the sweat that was all over his body.

With staggering movements and some difficulty, his fingers tapped on the screen, locating a familiar contact.

"Jeno." Jaemin managed to say out, voice hoarse from his dry throat.

"Jaemin? What the hell is wrong with you why do you sound like that?" Jeno asked, concern filling his entire body. Jaemin sounded so weak, he couldn't help but immediately figure out that something was wrong. His voice sounded just like his own when him and Kyungmi weren't together, and his suspicions were confirmed when Jaemin spoke again.

"I need you to come over and take me to Jiyeon."

——————————
please vote and comment!!
it'll inspire me to write more :)