T H I R T Y - S I X

CAUGHT YOU;

Elle's pov

I was at the Astronomy Tower during my free period, almost a week after Valentine's Day, reading as I sat against the railing. The chilly air brushed against my back, my hair flying in front of my face. As I read my book, I felt at peace, in my own little fictional world. Though, at the moment, my world was full of... adventure, it's good to escape, just for a little while. "Oh, hello Elle, " said a soft voice. I looked up from my book, and saw Luna stopping at the top of the staircase. Before closing my book, I marked it, then set it on my lap.

"Hey Luna, " I said up at her with a smile. She put a piece of beautiful blonde curly hair behind her ear as she walked over towards me. "Didn't expect to see you up here," she told me, slowly sitting on the floor beside me. "Yeah, " I said letting out a light sigh. "That's understandable, it's not like I come here very often." Luna nodded to herself, crossing her ankles.

"Well, why are you here today?" She asked, looking down at my book. "Just reading, " I answered, stroking the spine of the book. As I looked down at my book, my head began to become foggy. Once I started to zone-out, I was instantly snapped out of it once Luna spoke. "Are you okay, Elle?" Luna asked quietly, looking to her side at me. I kept my gaze down, biting my lip gently, "yeah, " I responded slowly, looking to the side at Luna. "Yeah, I'm doing fine, " I said, more eagerly. Luna's eyes looked down then back up, "I can sense you're not." Luna spoke calmly, speaking each word with sincerity.

I shifted to the left and faced Luna. I turned my head to the side and gazed out. I released a slow sigh, chewing on the inside of my cheek. I opened my mouth to speak, but something was blocking my words. I crossed my legs and fiddled with my ring, looking down. A hand rested on my knee, and I looked up reluctantly. "It's okay to not be okay," asserted Luna, looking at me with soft eyes. 

My lips went dry and I slowly nodded, my lips parting. "Luna..." I mumbled. "Hm?" asked Luna quietly, tilting her head. I gulped, twirling my ring. "Do you, " I started. "Do you ever feel as—as your issues are irrelevant compared to other people's problems?..." Luna sighed and she grabbed my hands, rubbing them with her thumbs. I looked into her eyes, and I felt, safe. "Yes, but that doesn't mean your issues should be unimportant. They still are bad, no matter the quantity of the matter."

I nodded and pressed my lips into a straight line. I turned to the side again and looked through the black railing at the blue, cloud-filled sky. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Luna asked, I could hear her body move. "Yeah, " I whispered. "So, why'd you come up here?" I asked her, facing my body towards the railing. "Just to look at the sky for a little while, " she responded, sitting in the same direction as me. "Where's Draco?" She asked, putting her hand around the railing. "Talking to Snape about homework, Ginny?"

"Talking with Ron and Harry about Quidditch. Mostly how she is ten times better than them," Luna said the last part with a giggle. I smiled to myself, "it seems you and Ginny are in it for the long run, " I said nudging her shoulder with mine. I turned my head and saw a wide smile across Luna's face. She nodded to herself, "yeah, I hope so."

__

As I walked down the hall to lunch, my head in my book, I ran into someone. I felt something hard hit me, and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor. I rolled my eyes with a huff, snapping my book shut. I elevated my gaze and met his eyes. "Watch where you're going Miles," said Theo with a smirk, narrowing his cold eyes down at me. He brought his eyes lower, going past my face and near my skirt. Which, was partially flown up.

I instantly stood up and dusted myself down, taking a step back. "Hey, " I spat, "my eyes are up here asshole." Theo licked his lips and slowly looked back up at my face, eyes trailing my body as he did so. "I know, " he shrugged. I shook my head, taking in a deep breath through my nose. "Just, leave me alone. I don't even want to look at you." I situated myself, I put my book into my bag, then started to walk past him.